Head of SMB Go-To-Market
Redwood City, California /
Sales / Business Development – Sales Operations /
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend Data Fabric brings together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. It simplifies all aspects of working with data for analysis and use, driving critical business outcomes.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Head of Small & Medium Business (SMB) Go-to-Market Strategy
Talend is seeking a Head of SMB Go-to-Market (GTM) Strategy who will be responsible for setting, building, and evolving the GTM vision for the global SMB business. You will lead the alignment of senior leaders across Sales, Marketing, Alliances, Product, Operations, and Finance to evolve Talend’s SMB business. You will build the GTM strategy, drive execution, and deliver results, managing the full end-to-end process of turning early stage ideas into tangible solutions. Making data-driven decisions is critical as you outline how to optimize the small and mid-size business sales organization through segmentation, verticalization, and other opportunities to grow and scale customer acquisition, retention, and renewals processes. You will partner with sales leaders to build out the vision for SMB sales organization and drive key planning activities resulting in strong day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate anticipates the needs of the business, uses data and sound logic to recommend tradeoffs, and can quickly and efficiently mobilize the business to drive results. Essential skills include deep knowledge of SMB customer needs, sales strategy, analytics, tech-savvy, program management, and sales leadership experience. This role is critical to shaping the future direction of Talend’s high-volume, high-velocity business and directly aligns to the highest priority company-wide growth objectives.
This position will be based in the US, but can be remote, and will roll up to the Go-to-Market Strategy VP under the Chief Revenue Officer. Some travel required.
- Lead collaboration across Product, Marketing, Sales, Strategic Alliances, Customer Success, and Finance to build and execute a one-company GTM strategic plan for SMB
- Drive key initiatives ensuring cross-functional alignment, end-to-end execution, and successful outcomes to meet revenue and growth targets for SMB
- Work closely with SMB Sales leadership to define and launch opportunities to drive revenue, adoption, and market penetration with SMB customers
- Analyze disparate data sources, making business critical decisions to influence SMB strategy
- Utilize customer research and market analysis to propose new SMB growth opportunities
- Partner with Sales leaders to identify & implement operational changes for fiscal year planning
- Define and implement meaningful SMB growth metrics to optimize for business results and communicate results, insights, and recommendations to senior leadership
- At least 7+ years of relevant high-tech business experience in Go-to-market, sales strategy, business development, marketing, and/or management consulting
- Proven success in building out and leading high-volume, high-velocity SMB sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree required. M.B.A. preferred
- Sharp, strategic thinker who can design and execute on a vision.
- History of running quickly with little supervision
- Ability to adapt to and lead through fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain environments.
- Multi-discipline awareness, with demonstrated success collaborating with marketing, support, sales, and product organizations. Foundational understanding of how these functions operate
- Must develop and report on key business KPIs, grounding decisions in business analytics
- Experience working with Sales Operations to generate appropriate reporting and dashboarding
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak fluently to senior executives, salespeople, and product managers
- Job role may evolve as business transformation continues. Flexibility and adaptability to change is a must
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.