Desktop Support Supervisor
Information Technology – IT Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is seeking a passionate, service oriented, hands-on IT Supervisor to oversee the end user support team in EMEA. This position will report to Sr. Manager of IT Operations. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for ensuring that we provide amazing stellar support for technical issues across our environment and fantastic customer service.
- Manage, lead and supervise the end-user support team in Germany, France and UK by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Manage workloads, assignments, and expectations for IT team members
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provide support to employees for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues.
- Provide outstanding customer service by being a trusted IT business partner
- Manage relationships with external support vendors as needed.
- Partner with and analyze business requirements by department to assess technology requirements and plan for future growth
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with different business units
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Train users in the proper use of hardware and software and set up periodic training courses for users in areas where improvement or clarity may be required.
- Travel Talend office locations as necessary to support IT needs and conduct face to face meeting with IT personnel and to meet with the business users
- Innate desire to help others and provide an excellent IT experience for team members
- 5+ years of experience supporting technology in a fast-moving environment
- Deep experience working with both Mac and Windows hardware and operating systems
- Experience managing SaaS/Cloud application services, such as Zoom, O365, Zendesk, Ring Central, Jira and other SaaS based tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise-wide programs
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement strategic plans
- Detail oriented, deadline and results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively
- MUST have a friendly and customer-centric approach to IT support
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.