Corporate Legal Counsel - Contracts
Redwood City, CA
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Legal
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is seeking a bright, energetic, business-minded and self-motivated attorney with 4+ years of commercial contracts experience gained at a law firm and/or in-house at a technology or internet company to join its legal team.
The Corporate Counsel will be a member of Talend’s Commercial Team, and work on a broad array of legal issues in close collaboration with Talend’s various internal teams and external clients, including sales, channels, partners, product, business development, finance, and IT. In this position, the successful candidate will interface with members of the company's business teams to manage a variety of legal matters. This is a key hire for Talend and a very visible role, as you will be directly impacting our sales team and company’s performance.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including standard customer sales agreements, master services, license, confidentiality and other operational and commercial agreements
- Leading or assisting the Legal team's efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures
- Providing advice and counsel to the business team leaders on all legal matters affecting the candidate's areas of coverage, in consultation with other members of the Legal team and outside counsel, as necessary
- Proactively establish relationships with internal clients to support key strategic initiatives and improve how legal services are provided throughout the Talend group of companies
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the products and objectives of those operations
- Conduct periodic employee trainings on relevant matters
- Provide substantive support for the rest of the legal team on an as-needed basis
- JD from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association, and 2+ years of relevant technology transactions experience, with a focus on drafting and negotiating licensing and technology transaction agreements and related professional services contracts.
- Must be licensed to practice law in any state
- Be passionate about technology and energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic growth company in a cutting-edge sector
- Be extremely bright with the ability to engage effectively with all levels of employees and management, and external clients
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Be detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise and commercial advice and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs.
- Be a strong and astute negotiator with impeccable judgment
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, "can do" attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the global legal team and with internal and external clients
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big or too small) and collaborate cross-functionally
- Be able to manage multiples workloads, client demands and shifting priorities simultaneously within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.