Senior Sales Development Representative
Redwood City, California /
Sales / Business Development – Corporate Sales / Inside Sales /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
A sales job at Talend is more than just exceeding quota. It’s about adding true value to our customers.
We are looking for results driven candidates who have strong sales and communications skills with a basic understanding of technology infrastructure and business process. We also look for the right attitude and aptitude in a candidate around a customer’s overall success.
You will be responsible for responding to inquiries from new prospects unfamiliar with the value of Talend to helping customers find the smartest way to increase their investment with Talend. You will be teamed with our outside sales teams to uncover, qualify and nurture new opportunities both at a strategic and tactical level. You know how to mange your time and pipeline effectively to hit and exceed quarterly objectives. You are creative, fearless, persistent and a positive “high energy” individual.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Build a robust healthy pipeline through inbound and outbound prospecting to identify new business
- Understand and effectively communicate Talend’s Value Proposition
- Identify, Develop and advance opportunities through the sales cycle
- Apply effective organization and time management skills to include: call volume management (both new and callbacks) and timely follow up activities
- Tailor the Company’s value proposition and capabilities to the individual client’s business needs in order to maximize the opportunity and build value to help close the sale
- Make outbound calls to generate leads
- Follow up on sales leads generated by Talend’s marketing engine
- Meet and exceed your assigned sales quota and performance objectives
- Continue to build your personal skillset – You can never learn enough!
- 1+ years of successfully generating sales opportunities
- Excellent organizational skills and follow up skills
- Highly engaging over the phone
- Background of exceptional quota attainment
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office, Salesforce, Outreach, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc...
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving, team environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity consideration for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.