Director, Global Events Marketing
Redwood City, CA
Marketing – Field Marketing / Demand Generation
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Your role at Talend: As a Director, Global Events, you are an expert who will lead all global event activities for Talend. This position will report to the VP of Marketing and work closely with all global teams that participate in these events. This position is responsible for developing and implementing a global events strategy to support corporate lead generation and branding goals. This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, requiring regular communication with customers and stakeholders across the organization. The role requires enthusiasm, excellent organization skills, and a unique talent for nurturing strong, lasting relationships.
- Develop strategy and drive execution for our attendance at various global events where Talend has a market presence. Responsibilities will include:
- Researching industry trade shows and events whose audience aligns to our target personas and markets
- Selecting events that align with our strategy and securing the appropriate sponsorship level to achieve business goals
- Developing and executing an integrated plan for attendance at each event which includes internal kickoff, booth and overall onsite
experience, pre- and post-event campaigns, staffing, on-site logistics, and internal alignment on goals
- Ensuring event logistics, services, and shipping are handled on time and within budget
- Plan customer and prospect dinners and other programs that support our attendance at key events/roadshows
- Partnering with the sales team to drive on-site meetings
- Supervising the handoff of leads to sales, ensuring hot leads are bubbled up promptly and the sales team is armed with the enablement materials they need to follow up quickly and effectively
- Managing and guiding in-house event coordinator
- Rallying cross-functional resources, such as the sales team, to drive interest in and registrations for the event
- Supporting creative team on various elements of event design and experience
- Partnering with cross-functional resources to plan and execute pre- and post-event campaigns
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 7 + years’ in B2B event Marketing
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with proven ability to deliver exceptional events within the budget.
- Experience with managing seven-figure budgets and delivering measurable ROI on events of all types
- Experience with running user conferences
- Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work independently and a self-starter
- Motivated, results-oriented, multi-tasking go-getter up to the challenge of a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation skills and ability to deal with ambiguity is a must
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally when needed
- Ability to motivate people
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.