Engineering / R&D – Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
We are looking for a Scala Developer for our R&D team based in Nantes.
· Participating in the research and design of scalable solutions for Data Inventory’s new challenges
· Participating in requirements analysis and sprints planning
· Writing well designed, testable and efficient code
· Participating in the integration and deployment phases
· Collaborating with other team members in investigating and resolving technical issues and performing root cause analysis
· Maintaining technical documentation
Skills and experience:
· At least 2 years of proven experience in software development
· Proven work experience with Scala or a similar programming language
· Familiarity with Scala Play!2 & Akka frameworks
· Good understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Docker
· Experience with a public cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
· Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
What we offer you:
· Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (Spark, Beam, K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
· A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
· Top modern offices with ideal locations
· Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.