Senior Solution Engineer - New Zealand
Sales / Business Development – Sales Engineering
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Senior Solution Engineer (Sales Engineer)
We are hiring Solution Engineer (Pre-Sales Engineers) to continue to build a proactive, customer-facing organization that ensures customers are getting value from Talend’s products and solutions.
Our portfolio of products has expanded from purely Data Integration to include Data Quality (DQ), Master Data Management (MDM), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Big Data and Cloud. The main responsibilities are to secure the “technical win” in growing our customer’s community and contribute to the enablement of our prospects during their selection process.
Key job functions include:
Identifying business issues and relating them to Talend capabilities
Articulating Talend’s value proposition and differentiation at all levels within Enterprise Accounts
Engaging in and responding to RFI/RFP procurement processes
Building and delivering comprehensive customized demonstrations
Working within the sales team to own technical relationships with prospects from developer to CIO
Key technical skills:
- Significant and current experience of two or more of the following disciplines:
- Data Integration: experienced in building Enterprise Data Warehouses and integrating multiple applications/systems in a heterogeneous environment.
- Big Data: good understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, etc.). Practical experience in Spark (Scala or Java) is a plus.
- Cloud: good understanding of Cloud landscape (AWS, Azure, Google etc) and Cloud applications concepts (multi tenancy, elasticity, scalability, etc).
- Governance: exposure to Data Quality, Master Data Management or Metadata Management projects and solutions.
- Exposure to one or several programming languages (Java, Python, Scala, etc.), SQL, Relational databases is highly appreciated.
Key non-technical skills
- Passionate about technology
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Capacity to diagnose and solve a problem in a limited time frame
- Team player
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a high number of concurrent, active prospects
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in data and analytics industry is required
Talend is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.