Business Intelligence Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Finance / FP&A
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
About this opportunity
You will be joining a newly-formed Enterprise Analytics team to establish a centralized business analytics function to inform the organization’s strategic planning, go-to-market initiatives and operational improvements. In this role, you will work closely with the Strategic Finance and FP&A teams to develop analytics and BI reporting solutions to improve financial and operational performance. This unique opportunity offers the chance to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new team and to own the Finance business intelligence analytics roadmap.
This position will report directly to our Director, Enterprise Analytics and sit full-time in our Redwood City global headquarters.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Develop insightful and interactive business intelligence reports (KPIs, operating metrics, business metrics, ad-hoc queries), dashboards, and scorecards
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g., Strategic Finance team) to ensure the creation and delivery of the new/enhanced reports/dashboards
- Partner with executives or VPs across the organization to identify important emerging business trends that impact corporate strategy
- Write SQL statements and perform database queries and data profiling (OLAP cubes, slice & dice, drilling)
- Work with IT to clean and transform data in DWH as required to deliver actionable information
- Bring in best practices related to Tableau business intelligence and DWH, and assess compliance with best practices and established standards
- Participate in user acceptance testing of new BI reporting or enhancements
- Communicate status regularly with stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Highly-motivated individual who is a entrepreneurial, intellectually curious, innovative, results-driven, a team player, and passionate about BI.
- Data-driven individual with a strong business acumen and focus on analytical problem solving, data manipulation and management skills
- 3-5+ years of work experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, Financial Planning & Analysis, Investment Banking, Consulting, and/or Corporate Finance
- Expertise in BI (2+ years of experience in Tableau strongly preferred)
- Advanced SQL skills and experience writing complex queries
- Advanced data visualization skills, show the ability to tell stories and make dashboards actionable
- Excel mastery and proven experience in building financial models
- Able to effectively lead and manage multiple processes in a fast-paced environment
- Significant experience working directly with executives and business leaders to solve complex, ambiguous problems
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient with Salesforce, Tableau, SQL, and/or VBA
Bachelor’s Degree or Master's is strongly preferred
SaaS industry experience preferred
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.