Data Warehouse Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Information Technology – Data Warehousing
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
About This Opportunity:
You will be joining the Data Warehouse and Integration team for delivery of the Enterprise Cloud Data Warehouse System, Data Model, Database, Reporting, ETL processes and complex Business Intelligence Solutions. In this role, you will work closely with Business Intelligence Champions, Strategic Finance, Sales, People Systems and R&D. You will need to follow current trends, their impact on business strategies, and their implications for creating sustainable data warehouse architecture. Have to operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapting quickly to new information and re-prioritizing as needed. Guide cross-functional team to define and promote best practices and data warehouse design principles, and to create an effective data governance framework.
This position is full-time in our Redwood City, CA global headquarters.
- Experience in all aspects of project development life cycle such as identifying requirements, design, feasibility analysis, allocating timelines, task prioritization, development, performance, best practices and testing.
- Hands-on experience with a cloud-based data-warehousing system (Snowflake).
- Hands-on experience in data modeling, data visualization, and pipeline design & development.
- Developing ETL packages, ensuring that best practices are implemented for data governance, data quality, data cleansing.
- Experience in day-to-day support and maintenance of the data warehouse environment, reports, data integration jobs and job schedules.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define business logic for source-to-target mappings and integration workflows.
- Development of scalable, modular, and robust ETL routines, using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages as necessary.
- Assisting in production support by resolving source data issues and refining transformation rules when needed.
- Maintain the existing data warehouses and facilitate aggregation, slicing and dicing of data using Tableau.
- Design and develop data extraction SQL queries in Tableau that are highly optimized for very large data sets.
- Creating and maintaining the company data dictionary as well as technical documentation for source-to-target mapping.
- Highly-motivated individual who is an entrepreneurial, intellectually curious, innovative, results-driven, a team player, and passionate about BI.
- Data-driven individual with a strong business acumen and focus on analytical problem solving, data manipulation and management skills
- 5+ years of work experience in Business Intelligence, Relational Database, Reporting and ETL processes.
- 2+ years of experience in Tableau and in Python coding.
- Advanced SQL skills and experience writing complex queries.
- Advanced data visualization skills show the ability to tell stories and make dashboards actionable.
- Able to effectively lead and manage multiple processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master's in engineering is strongly preferred.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.