Data Privacy Legal Intern - Spring 2021 (Remote)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania /
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Legal /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
Talend is offering a paid, fully remote legal internship for students enrolled in law school. As our Data Privacy Legal Intern, you will be exposed to various aspects of a thriving technology company’s legal environment, including international law considerations, privacy concerns, legal research, and hands-on exposure to in-house commercial legal support and operations.
This is a part-time internship on the Legal team in the U.S. If you are interested, please apply!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Paid part-time internship (15-20h/week). Fully remote.
- Opportunity to provide meaningful contributions to an in-house, corporate legal team.
- High level of access to supervisors, detailed direction without micromanagement, feedback throughout your internship, and experience working as part of a team.
- Exposure to the legal and business risks of supporting a rapidly growing and innovative technology business on a global scale.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Second year (2L) law students in good academic standing for the degree of J. D./L.L.M. from an ABA accredited law school. Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Availability to work part-time 15-20 hours per week.
- Knowledge of or strong interest in cybersecurity and global privacy and regulatory frameworks, including GDPR, CCPA and CPRA, and APAC privacy laws. Good understanding of privacy terms is a plus (e.g. “personal data” / “PII” / “PHI”, “controller”, “processor”, “technical and operational security measures”, “cross-border data transfer”, “DPA”, etc.)
- Knowledge of software-as-a-service and internet industries and technical concepts.
- Ability to conduct research of case law and legislation using common legal research tools and systems. Ability to learn new concepts and legal issues quickly; talent for thinking outside of the box in researching legal issues.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills - both written and verbal, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently, meet deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects.
- Strong problem solving and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to adhere to established deadlines, handle confidential information in confidence, and prioritize workload.
- Technologically savvy with strong familiarity and experience with use of office productivity tools and legal research systems. Comfortable with quickly picking up the use of new technologies and business systems.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Gain exposure to a broad set of legal and business-critical issues facing Talend in the field of security, privacy and compliance.
- Conduct legal research in areas including data privacy, commercial transactions, and other matters.
- Help identify and develop processes that either don’t exist or that need improvement, and work with necessary partners to drive adoption.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.