Senior Learning Partner
Redwood City, CA
People – Learning and Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We’re looking for a driven and enthusiastic People Development Learning Partner who is passionate about all things learning. You will conceptualize, develop and deliver effective and engaging in-person and virtual learning experiences for our global employees. As a part of our People Development team, you will act as a conduit between the People team, cross functional stakeholders and vendors to create high-impact learning experiences that equip, engage, motivate and inspire our employees to do the best work of their careers.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop scalable, effective and engaging learning experiences leveraging learning science and instructional design principles
- Develop multi-modal learning and performance support material, including synchronous remote learning methodologies, blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos & voice overs, animations, infographics, and facilitator guides
- Keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do, applying human-centered design and design thinking to programs, communications and measurements
- Take complex ideas and design learning content and experiences that are simple, accessible, relevant, and easily implemented. Help craft the written and visual story to meet our learner needs
- Facilitate learning programs in person, via Zoom and in eLearning format
- Manage the full life-cycle of learning initiatives, from inception to delivery and measurement
- Drive management of existing programs, including content updates, participant management and communications
- Build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders to uncover development needs in partnership with People Business Partners
- Coordinate vendors in support of People Development initiatives
- Maintain a Learning Management System(s) (LMS) to assign, update, and monitor employee training and provide regular and ad hoc reports to leadership
- Work outside the traditional classroom space and create bite-sized learning experience that enable and inspire immediate behavioral change
- Serve as a champion to new learning approaches, technology, and measurement tools to ensure we provide a best-in-class educational experience for our employees
- Select the most efficient, effective format for each learning topic, including audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc., knowing the benefits and limitations of each
- Design and build learning paths to help our employees progress towards their goals
- Work with 3rd party content developers (as needed) to ensure consistent, quality learning content
- Embrace a global mindset, designing applicable & engaging experiences for any and all regions and cultures worldwide
- 5-8 years of experience in a learning or talent management role (leadership development focus) building and implementing development solutions at fast-paced, global technology companies
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in HR, I/O Psychology, Adult Learning, Organization Development or similar preferred
What You'll Bring to the Team
- A growth mindset and appetite for staying up-to-date not only on what’s current in learning and development, but also the industry and business environment in which you operate
- An action-oriented approach and skills adept at dealing with ambiguity
- An eye for visual design and a passion for creating great user experiences
- Demonstrated experience developing a variety of instructional media including interactive eLearning modules, modularized help, and video-based educational content
- Skills in developing trusted relationships across functions, levels and geographies
- Proven experience in learning experience design and developing high-impact adult learning content
- Ability to work on multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong instructional design skills, with a demonstrated portfolio of developed leadership, communication and skill development training/content using multiple authoring tools (PowerPoint, Word, Captivate, Articulate, SnagIt, etc.)
- Strong in-person and virtual facilitation skills, and passion for creating engaging experiences both in-person and online
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to adjust style and tone to match the audience’s needs
- Strong collaboration and process-driven approach to consulting with subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to empathize, problem-solve and communicate with managers and leaders
- Experience with LMS systems, maintaining employee training records and creating reports
- Dynamic facilitation, storytelling, and coaching, plus an ability to work well with leaders at all levels
Although the role can be based anywhere in the US, there is a preference to hire someone who can commute to the Redwood City office as needed.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.