Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Contractor)
Redwood City, CA
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Accounting
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
TALEND ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
At Talend, the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will be assisting our Global Account Payable team in a fast-paced and global environment with daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
As a member of the Accounts Payable team, you will process and maintain Accounts Payable records for both North America and APAC, while resolving queries within an automated, high volume environment.
We are looking for someone with the ability to communicate expertly with your coworkers and vendors from across the globe, who can provide timely responses while providing great customer service, and ensuring information is accurately processed. In this role, exceptional organizational skills will be the key to your success.
Consequently, success in this role requires the drive to get to know the business of Talend and the departments you support, as well as skill at forging relationships with stakeholders within the department and in other Talend departments to achieve results quickly and effectively.
- Code, process, and review multi-currency invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment for US, Canada, India, China, Japan, Singapore, Australia
- Process, organize and prioritize vendor invoices and payments though NetSuite
- Process of bi-monthly, multi-currency vendor payment runs (manual checks, wires, and ACH payments)
- Handle all vendor inquiries and invoice questions/problems through appropriate communication channels
- Maintain regular and strong communication with international AP team in order to maintain information accurately
- Comply with relevant internal controls, policies, and procedures and support accounting and tax audits (internal, external, sales tax, 1099s, VAT tax, etc.)
- Monitor and analyze specific AP operations, such as invoice research and follow-up, problem documentation, and standardization of input
- Monthly accounts payable close processes including research and reconciliation of unreimbursed expense reports, unentered invoice, unapproved invoices, and providing supporting documentation to accountants as needed. Maintenance of all A/P related filing systems
- Assist with the 1099 filing and reporting
- Perform other duties as required to support the Finance Department
- Assist with special projects as assigned (for example: harmonization of the AP general process with our Chinese entity, conversion of vendors to electronic invoice and electronic payments, etc.)
WE'RE EXCITED IF YOU HAVE:
- 5-7+ years of Accounts Payable or comparable Accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong Excel experience and computer skills
- NetSuite experience or comparable ERP system experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of US GAAP
- Accurate and timely data entry skills with attention to details
- Must be flexible, self-starter, change-oriented, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with global vendors and co-workers
- Able to both meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast and international environment
- Ability to work across global time zones, while being on the occasional early morning calls or late evening call
- Highly collaborative style. Willingness and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, across an organization with multiple locations
- Work well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Care about executing with excellence and takes ownership of outcome of work
- Handle highly confidential and/or sensitive matters with discretion and tact, observing and honoring confidentiality when appropriate
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.