Expert Solutions Engineer (Presales) Iberia
Sales / Business Development – Sales Engineering
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
As part of our continuing growth at Talend, we are hiring an Expert Solutions Engineer Pre-Sales for Iberia, based in Madrid or Barcelona
The successful applicant will work closely with the Iberia sales team and within the broader EMEA pre-sales team and have responsibility for technical relationships with prospects and partners, from developer level to CxO.
Overall, we are looking for motivated candidates focused on acquiring new business and enabling the partner eco-system for success.
- Identify business issues and relating them to Talend capabilities;
- Articulate Talend’s value proposition and differentiation at all levels within prospect organisations;
- Engage in and responding to RFI/RFP procurement processes;
- Constant qualification of opportunities;
- Building and delivery of comprehensive customised demonstrations;
- Management and successful delivery of Proof of Concepts (POC);
- Note that this is a hands-on role and requires the pre-sales consultant to install and configure the Talend software to meet the needs of the POC as defined and agreed with the client.
- Demonstrating success at working both independently and as a valued team player within the extended sales and management teams.
Significant and current experience of two or more of the following disciplines:
- Big Data (Hadoop distributions and key technologies
- Data Quality (DQ)
- Data Integration (ETL)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Technical knowledge should include Talend products, Java, SQL, XML, JSON, XSD, XSLT, and HTML;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a high number of concurrent, active prospects;
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.