Director of Total Rewards
Redwood City, CA
People – Total Rewards (Compensation and Benefits)
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is hiring a Director of Global Total Rewards to drive the strategic planning and development of our executive and broad-based total rewards programs.
Reporting to the Head of People and managing a global team of professionals and external consultants, this role is critical in setting the total rewards strategy supporting Talend’s talent attraction and retention initiatives.
This is a great leadership and “hands-on” opportunity for someone interested in building a best-in-class total rewards capability that will have a critical impact on the Company’s overall talent strategy and growth plans.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
- Design, develop, and execute on a comprehensive global total rewards strategy that aligns with Talend’s culture and business strategy and allows us to attract, retain and motivate top talent.
- Design, implement and oversee global total rewards programs including base pay, short-term incentive, long-term incentive, recognition, health, welfare, retirement programs, to ensure market competitiveness, internal equity and in alignment with the business strategy.
- Partner with the Head of People and external comp consultants to assess our executive compensation strategies to make sure they are best-in-class and drive results.
- Prepare the Comp Committee materials and present at quarterly Comp Committee meetings.
- Lead projects focusing on key compensation initiatives such as compensation structure design optimization and implementation, internal job title alignment, market benchmarking, career path/ladder formation, gender pay equity review, and the design of short-term and long-term incentive programs.
- Develop training programs to educate leaders, managers, and colleagues on the company’s total rewards strategy and programs.
- Partner effectively with Talent Acquisition, People BPs and business leaders to provide counsel on job evaluations, pay decisions, and policy and guideline interpretation.
- Lead annual focal planning process including timeline development, system configuration, compensation training delivery and compensation counsel.
- Lead the development of total rewards communications information to ensure that leaders and employees have the right level of knowledge; ensure communications are well planned and implemented in such a way that the necessary behaviors are supported.
- Analyze benefit plan coverage and recommend innovative benefit strategies, policies and programs designed to attract and retain employees in accordance with global industry trends.
- Partner with People Operations team to ensure full compliance with all global state, federal and country regulations, reporting and filing requirements relating to all total rewards plans.
- Design reports that monitor total rewards costs and provide executive leadership with data and insights needed to understand trends and budget impacts.
- Manage the relationships with vendors including benefit brokers and service administrators, relating to quality, service agreements, costs/billings, reporting, audits and controls.
- Oversee, where applicable, the open enrollment process for health and welfare benefit programs, including the development of timelines, communication plan utilizing various media, system updates, coordinating with brokers, vendors and reporting.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on total rewards, compensation and benefits experience with demonstrated progression in responsibility.
- Excel in change management and ensure strong communication of total rewards philosophy and practices with managers, employees and within the People Team.
- Communicate effectively across the organization and develop strategic partnerships with Executive Leadership, Legal, and Finance teams.
- Deep knowledge of sales compensation, base salary, market pricing, executive compensation, variable pay and performance management, job evaluation, data analysis, research and cost modeling.
- Proven experience in creating and managing innovative, compelling compensation and total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment; skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on data and emerging priorities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, build predictive and projective models, understanding of equity practices, etc.
- Hands on approach, detail oriented, proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects; demonstrated expertise as an executor, with strong operational background.
- Experience in M&A due diligence and integration
- Open and flexible with internal clients yet balanced in maintaining consistency in total rewards philosophies and practices.
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information.
- Global benefit experience including knowledge of health and welfare plans, leaves, time off practices and retirement plans.
- Expert knowledge of Excel. Deep interest in analyzing data and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making.
- Solutions and business-oriented, with an emphasis on problem solving to get to the right outcome.
- Intellectually curious – always interested in staying knowledgeable about compensation trends and changing market dynamics that may impact Talend’s rewards strategy.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required to effectively communicate total rewards strategies at all levels, from administrative to the C-Suite.
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing environment
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent in experience. Business administration, finance, economics, or other quantitative focus preferred.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.