Technical Support Engineer (Java, BigData), Global Customer Support
Customer Success – Customer Support
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
About the role:
Talend is hiring a Technical Support Engineer with outstanding technical and customer service skills to join our Support team in Bangalore, India.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of problem solvers who are passionate about working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, customer-centric environment.
The ideal Technical Support Engineer puts the customer at the center of everything they do. They are a team player, enjoy working hard, exhibit professionalism, are dedicated to exceeding expectations, have excellent problem-solving skills, are able to learn new technologies quickly, and use their time efficiently. TSE's demonstrate the ability to write, speak and present technical information clearly and effectively, adapting as required for the audience. They do this exhibiting composure, being in calm command of every situation.
NOTE: Working hours are outside normal India business hours (shifts) and may include occasional support on weekends & holidays.
Detailed Role & Responsibilities:
- Shift Timings - APAC hours - 6:30 am IST onwards / EMEA hours – 12:30 PM/1:30 PM IST onwards depending on Day Light Savings Time / General shift (IST)
- Provide expert-level technical support via phone and web to Talend Customers.
- Manage and resolve support cases with a high degree of technical complexity.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Respond to customer-reported issues in a timely manner, per service level agreements
- Communicate progress of resolution/status in a timely fashion, per service level agreements
- Manage escalations and expectations, for both customers and internal staff
- Coordinate across numerous departments while driving issues to resolution
- Identify situations where professional services may be warranted
- Follow established support processes and procedures
- Identify improvements for exceptional customer experiences
- Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision
What you will need to qualify
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computing (or equivalent)
- 3.5 -5+ years of relevant technical support experience is preferred
- A 100% focus on customer success
- Great communication skills, written and verbal
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technology fundamentals is required: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc.
- Academic or comparable experience with an object-oriented programming languages required.
- Hands-on experience with Java or scripting experience is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting or debugging on Linux or Windows is required.
- Working knowledge of a SQL-based Database is required. General knowledge of the database market (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL) is a plus
- Knowledge of XML, preferably experience using server-to-server web services (SOAP)
- Understanding Hadoop and the cloud ecosystem is a plus
- Experience with JIRA or Salesforce is a plus
- An action-oriented attitude, with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to learn fast, and to be highly adaptable
- Be a dependable, motivated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently when required
- Experience troubleshooting issues on Webservers/Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere/Weblogic Platform)
- Versioning Control software (Apache Subversion, Visual SVN or Git)
- Working knowledge of web service concepts and familiarity with SOAP, REST, WSDL, CXF, Camel and JMS
- Installation and troubleshooting experience on Hortonworks/Cloudera clusters, HDInsight, EMR & Azure
- Experience troubleshooting issues on Mac OS.
Key aspects of the role:
1. The role involves working in shifts and occasionally supporting on weekends or holidays if required.
2. Excellent troubleshooting knowledge on at least two or more technologies mentioned above
3. Willing to work in a dynamic product support environment with focus on customer success.
Location: Talend Data Integration Services Pvt Ltd, Kalyani Solitaire ground & 1st floor, Krishnaraju Layout, Amalodbhavi Nagar, Panduranga Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.