Business Operations Specialist
Sydney, Australia /
Sales / Business Development – Sales Operations /
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Job Title: Business Operations Specialist
Dept: Business Operations
We are …
1. a diverse team who are a working in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment. Therefore, we are searching for a fast learning, smart, open, innovative and fun mind to join our global operations team.
2. responsible for defining, communicating, tracking and driving business process including deal desk and order management processes. In addition to the day to day business process activities, we act as the key liaison within the company supporting new deals and renewals, as well as working with other functions, such as our global Support organization, Finance, and Legal to ensure our company’s success.
3. viewed as a trusted business partner to the Field.
Responsibilities will include:
· Manage all Business Operations processes and activities. This includes the “deal desk process” that identifies and manages price and policy exception approvals prior to quoting, order processing and license key fulfillment at the time of order acceptance
· Serve as the trusted adviser to sales and renewals teams on all deal related matters by being the primary point of contact for all Business Operations deliverables including deal design and advising how to work a deal in Salesforce.com
· Help to make deals easier for Sales by supporting the quoting process of complex deals and/or look for workarounds if the obvious way is not possible
· Internal review process and coordinate the individual activities required to ensure the appropriate process for orders and agreements that fall outside of normal procedures
· Ensure data accuracy in our Salesforce.com and Netsuite – including booking numbers, forecast, tracking of sales process, account and contract related data
· Ensure database standards and participate in testing of ERP/CRM systems as requested
· Develop and deliver training, communication and support plans that influence sales team processes
· Champion compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency in process and policies
· Support and communicate process changes and improvements that drive change within the organization and assists with ongoing audits
· Ad-hoc testing of process and system enhancements
The ideal candidate will…
· Demonstrate excellent judgment, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism
· Have a brilliant sense of humor, especially at quarter end
· Be a creative problem solver
· Be used to working in a cross functional environment with team members from Sales, Legal, Finance, Revenue, IT and other departments
· Demonstrate strong business acumen, strong reporting and analytic skills, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Have a proven track record of working effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, while taking initiative and adhering to priorities with minimal or no direct supervision
· Show strong customer service focus, written and verbal communication skills, and experience in interacting with senior leadership
Education, Certification, Training and Minimum Qualification:
· BS/BA or equivalent knowledge and experience
· At least 3 years of sales operations, deal desk, and/or contract processing experience
· Experience in working with CRM software and quoting engines – salesforce.com is a big plus
· Fluent English knowledge (mandatory)
· Fluent Japanese is a big plus
· Excellent computer skills, business applications (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel), and group collaboration applications (Wikis, Slack, SharePoint)
· Experience in pricing calculations
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.