Cloud DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering / R&D – Cloud Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Site Reliability Engineer
Talend is a rapidly growing leader in the data and application integration space. Our customers are thought leaders in data integration and big data and they represent some of the biggest and best names in retail, financial services, consumer products, and business services.
Talend is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team in our Bonn Office. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the security, stability, and scalability of our Talend Cloud service. You’ll get to work hands-on with plenty of exciting technology and scale challenges as we grow to support millions of transactions across hundreds of servers in our Talend Cloud environment. We are seeking candidates with expertise on both development and system administration.
- Maintain technical operations for our iPaaS cloud infrastructure; administer Linux systems, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation, and some limited Windows system administration duties
- Ensure high reliability and availability for production systems, including upgrade and release processes and incident handling
- Manage and deploy internal and external monitoring solutions for maintaining high availability for production systems
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks
- Scripting abilities in python, or JVM-based languages
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
- Responsible for troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, systems, network, and application stacks
- Work with fellow operations engineers and development teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about systems improvements after analyzing possible courses of action
- Perform on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of our cloud infrastructure as well as the various internal services and systems that these core services depend on.
- 5-7 years of cloud engineering experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Strong working knowledge of Linux (Centos) systems and applications including Tomcat, Java, Apache, ElasticSearch, ActiveMQ, Ngnix Proxy;
- Experience with administering AWS or other IaaS/PaaS Infrastructures;
- Experience with configuration management / systems automation tools at scale (e.g. Puppet, Chef);
- Experience with big data systems and/or database administration (e.g. MySQL, Mongo DB, PostGresSQL, NoSQL, and SQL) a plus;
- Proficiency with scripting languages;
- Experience with network management systems and network monitoring tools such as Nagios, Icinga, Kibana, LogStash, Cacti;
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and communications skills.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.