Senior Backend Scala/BigData Developer - Pipeline Designer Nantes
Engineering / R&D – Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is hiring a Senior Backend Scala/BigData Developer for its Pipeline Designer team based in Nantes, France.
# Key responsabilities
- Contribute to Pipeline Designer development, test and deployment
- Participate to technical design with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with Talend Apache team members on integrating Apache Beam features into the product
- Bring new ideas and technical solutions
# Skills and experience:
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of practical experience in software development
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in Big Data (Spark, HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Kafka …)
- Strong knownledge in either Java or Scala
- Experience in working within a distributed agile team environment
- Good English level (written and spoken)
- Knowledge on Cloud technology (AWS, Azure or GCP), Docker and K8S are welcome
- Optionally previous experience in Akka and play in Scala
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.