Engineering Manager - Pipeline Designer
Engineering / R&D – R&D Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
- Owner of the complete scope of the product team: Design with the Product Owner, Implementation, Quality and Cloud delivery with SRE teams;
- Lead an Agile development team to deliver high quality, robust product features and architecture changes;
- Work closely with your peers on product and engineering teams to coordinate on Release planning and Tests coverage;
- Cross department communication with Product Manager, Support, Professional Services, Presales and others to provide technical and usage support to other departments;
- Promote the team's achievements and communicate the challenges via team metrics and dashboards that provide complete transparency into the delivery process;
- Selection, validation and introduction of new technologies into the product and to the development teams;
- Provide guidance for the development team in technical questions and continuous improvement of the code quality ;
- Be accountable for team performance and for delivering the technical and functional product roadmaps.
Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience;
- 7+ years of experience in Cloud application development
- 5+ years in development team management or as a tech lead role
- Sound experience in management or team-leadership experience in a development environment;
- Experience managing on Agile software development teams;
- Experience in coordination of efforts in development, QA, build and support of your own software;
- Experience in software development (if possible on Big Data-related topics);
- Strong knowledge of Cloud ecosystem & SaaS Application development
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication and presentation skills in English;
- Team building and coordination skills;
- Experience working with an international team to deliver complex software solutions;
- Familiarity with standard dev tools: JIRA, GitHub;
- Result driven personality, high enthusiasm, energy, and confidence.
What we offer you:
- Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (Spark, Beam, K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
- A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
- Top modern offices with ideal locations
- Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.