Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Redwood City, California /
People – HR Business Partners /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
As a Senior HR Business Partner Reporting directly to the Director of People Partner for NORAM, you will develop the talent strategy and advise on all things People related: performance management, talent development, leadership coaching, employee relations and organizational design. You are skilled at using both qualitative and quantitative data to perform root cause analysis, identify trends, tell a story and inform innovative ways to building programs, and ensuring Talend team members are engaged and growing. In your work, you will uphold our values and amplify the success of our business and products through our most important asset: our people.
This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, requiring regular communication with customers and stakeholders across the organization. The role requires enthusiasm, excellent organization skills, and a unique talent for nurturing strong, lasting relationships.
Develop strong, trusted partnerships with senior business leaders to understand, guide, and advise on strategic business and people matters.
Provide counsel on everything from strategic organizational design, workforce planning, and large-scale change to day-to-day employee relations issues, partnering with our Legal Team to manage risk and ensure compliance.
Conduct investigations of employee relations issues in alignment with Talend’s values.
Bring talent management expertise to the business and the People function. You will advise on and build strategies and programs that help identify and attract key talent, develop succession plans, utilize recognition and rewards to incentivize behavior, and help leaders drive performance improvement and career growth.
Provide coaching and guidance to help our leaders and team members to perform optimally, effectively applying our people practices, particularly around performance feedback, employee relations and development discussions. You can spot opportunities and gaps and provide counsel on practical courses of action.
Provide problem solving expertise to all challenges that come your way. You can analyze a situation, pull and study any associated information and data, and derive the root cause of the issue.
Be the go-to person for employees to get guidance or support related to our people practices and systems. Operate as an HR subject matter expert with immense, in-depth knowledge of the latest HR best practices, laws, strategies, and policies.
Collaborate effectively with our global People team and subject matter experts in Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, L&D, People Systems & Operations, and Facilities to develop programs that meet and exceed our business objectives.
Manage the process, data collection, and reporting for the various tools and systems we use, analyzing the data in a way to tell a story and drive business decisions.
Lead global People Team initiatives, and partner with your peers in other regions of the world.
- 7+ years’ experience in an HR position, you have a strong generalist background, and have worked within an international organization
- Proven ability to deliver effective HR solutions and manage HR processes.
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Ability to work in a matrix environment;
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Experience working with fast growing, global teams
- Strong appreciation for confidentiality
- Organizational design and change management experience
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity consideration for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.