Sr. Alliance Marketing Manager
Redwood City, California /
Marketing – Field Marketing / Demand Generation /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
The Alliance Marketing Manager will work closely with our strategic alliance sales teams and marketing counterparts globally at the Alliance partners to develop a joint marketing strategy that will result in pipeline generation for Talend and the Alliance partner. Lead the successful execution of all Marketing programs included in the joint strategy.
The Alliance Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving and executing marketing campaigns, programs and initiatives with AWS, Microsoft, Snowflake and our GSIs. This role sits within the global demand generation team and will be primarily focused on generating pipeline for Talend by working closely with alliance partners to leverage the strength of their brands. This individual will be able to develop strong working relationships with the Talend alliances sales teams that manage AWS and Microsoft. In addition, they will be able to develop strong working relationships with their Marketing counterparts at AWS and Microsoft to develop effective demand generation programs that identify new opportunities for Talend within existing accounts and opportunities within new accounts.
The successful candidate will be well versed in applying marketing strategies, including lead management, virtual webinars, digital and social. With a proven track record of return on investment gained working within both field and channel marketing. Experience encompassing Alliances marketing disciplines of creating joint messaging and content (presentations, datasheets, web content, videos, and webinars), and compelling demand assets. And use the content they develop to execute Marketing programs and campaigns that generate pipeline for Talend and the alliance partners. The ability to influence multiple regional stakeholders and to negotiate effectively within a global matrixed organization to make a difference are critical to the success of this role.
- Own and manage the Marketing relationship for assigned alliance/GSI partners, such as Accenture
- Align with technology alliance programs
- Create data driven marketing plans to maximize results in partner pipeline
- Partner, define and document the Alliance value proposition and joint messaging with Product Marketing
- Build core marketing assets that communicate the value of the partnership to existing and prospective end customers. Core assets include a joint pitch deck, partnership overview datasheet, customer references, solution briefs, sales tools, web pages, blog posts, FAQs, and more.
- Develop and execute joint demand generation programs that generate pipeline for Talend direct sales
- Create marketing campaign materials keeping Talend channel partners in mind that can be used to plan and execute demand generation campaigns and generate pipeline for joint solutions
- Coordinate with the Regional Marketing organizations as needed to successfully execute campaigns and marketing programs.
- Establish and manage strong working relationships with product marketing, demand marketing, and corporate marketing and enlist their support as needed to successfully execute the Alliance Marketing strategy
- Leverage internal Account Based Marketing (ABM) capabilities to assist the sales teams that are pursuing active opportunities
- Organize, track, and document all Marketing programs and activities specific to the Alliance. Provide status of programs and activities.
- Direct Talend presence at Alliance partner events. Help secure Alliance partners sponsorship of Talend events.
- Manage the marketing budget for the partnership. Understand all internal and partner (e.g. MDF) funding sources. Submit partner development fund requests and claims as necessary. Submit internal purchase requisitions and obtain purchase orders as needed.
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations and Partner Operations to ensure leads generated from demand gen activities are captured, routed, and tracked correctly in order to measure pipeline accurately
We would love it if you had...
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5-10+ years B2B marketing experience
- Understanding of how partners work in tech sector
- Working knowledge of Tableau and SFDC
- Proven track record of working with large strategic alliances to develop and execute demand generation programs in the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
- Comfortable with being held accountable for a pipeline target
- Excellent partner relationship management skills
- Strong writing skills
- PowerPoint expert in creating visually appealing deck for internal / external consumption
- Pro-active, creative, self-disciplined, and the ability to think strategically
- Experience working with cross-functional global teams and strong team player
- Effective presentation development and delivery skills to communicate Marketing plans and their status to Partner, Sales, Marketing, and Executive audiences
Although the position is posted for Redwood City, CA, we are willing to consider candidates anywhere in North America.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity consideration for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.