Senior Open Source Developer - Remote East Coast
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania /
Engineering, R&D, and Product Management – Apache /
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data governance, is changing the way the world makes decisions. In order to compete and win, IT and business leaders need data that they can trust and understand instantly. Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all employees. It has made it possible to create innovations like the Talend Trust Score™, an industry-first assessment that instantly quantifies the reliability of any data set.
Over 7,250 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry media.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
To be based in Philadelphia or remotely on the East Coast.
As part of the Talend R&D Team, the Open Source Software Developer will be responsible for designing and implementing new features and enhancements for the Singer open source project. The applicant will be a liaison between the product teams within Talend and the open source communities to make sure the needs of Talend products and customers are being addressed. The applicant would be able to work in an international team with up to date technologies and standards, incl. modern cloud / container based deployment environment (AWS / Kubernetes).
- Represent Talend and contribute to the Singer open source project;
- Work with Talend Product teams to design and implement new features and enhancements to the Singer project and drive those back into the community;
- Support the Singer community by fielding community pull requests and requests for developer assistance;
- Work with Talend Architecture and Labs teams to develop state of the art proof-of-concept (PoC) projects, leveraging a wide range of open source projects.
Architecture and Development:
- Develop prototypes quickly to drive innovation;
- Recommend technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise;
- Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies;
- Build new high level designs as required.
Mentoring and Leadership:
- Take initiative and share innovative design patterns and frameworks, balancing implications of these choices on application usability, performance and maintainability;
- Lead by example, care for your team and always be there for them;
- Coach, guide, inspire and motivate team and community members;
- Be on the look out for potential contributors to the Open Source projects and help encourage them to become more active to grow the community.
- Graduated in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Python development;
- Experience with Test-driven development/Unit Testing and automation;
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail;
- Willing to travel (occasionally) and present Open Source projects at conferences;
- Knowledge of Java, Apache Spark, or Apache Avro;
- Experience with Kubernetes and good understanding of various cloud native technologies;
- Experience with development for cloud technologies like Azure, AWS and GCP;
- Previous experience with open source contributions.
Nice to haves:
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 6th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2021
- 4th consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2021
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2021
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us via email to request an accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in Talend.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Talend SAS and its affiliates ("Talend") have an internal recruiting, or talent acquisition, department (“TA”). Talend may supplement this internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters ("Agency"). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Talend employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. To protect the interests of all parties, Talend will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Talend, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Talend mailing address, fax machine, email address or any other means, directly to Talend employees, or to Talend's resume database will be considered Talend property and therefore will NOT be liable for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by an officer of Talend or his or her designee. No other Talend employee is authorized to bind Talend to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies. Talend hereby specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of a Talend officer.