ASSOCIATE CORPORATE COUNSEL EMEA
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Legal
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
The Corporate Counsel will provide legal guidance in various corporate legal, governance, and secretarial matters for Talend’s French parent company and EMEA subsidiaries. The Corporate Counsel will report to the Senior Corporate Counsel and will work in close cooperation with other internal teams, management, board members, auditors, and external counsel. The corporate counsel will provide play on crucial role in providing legal guidance to different levels of the organization throughout the countries where company operates, by advising on laws, corporate governance, regulations, compliance matters, and company policies.
The Corporate Counsel will work both independently and collaboratively and must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously. The Corporate Counsel must provide pragmatic, collaborative, business and solution-oriented legal support throughout the company.
- Assisting with share capital/equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions;
- Preparing board and shareholders meetings for the French listed parent company and EMEA subsidiaries,
- Advising on global corporate governance and corporate finance issues;
- Assisting the Global Stock Administrator with management of the Company’s employee equity program;
- Draft and review various services agreements, lease agreements, and other agreements related to the Company’s ongoing operations;
- Coordinate maintenance and provide legal advice with regard to the Company’s IP portfolio;
- Prepare and execute legal formalities and filings with relevant legal authorities;
- Anticipate, communicate, assess, guide, and propose mitigation strategies for internal stakeholders regarding potential legal risks; and
- Contribute to ongoing process improvements and knowledge sharing within the legal group and cross-functionally.
- Qualified legal counsel with a university degree in Law. A post-graduate degree in corporate/company law or business law is especially welcome.
- Prior in-house company experience in a similar international business is a plus although the position remains open to new graduates willing to learn and grow in a fast-paced and highly demanding legal environment.
- High level of personal integrity and ability to communicate complex legal issues to non-specialists effectively and succinctly.
- Proven ability to manage communications in various time-zones and confidence in making independent decisions.
- Business-minded with the ability to provide practical, timely legal advice to advance the company’s interests and protect the company from undue levels of risk.
- People-oriented with the ability to work in a multicultural environment, pragmatic and team-oriented.
- Passionate about corporate law and eager to learn and grow as an attorney in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated fluency in spoken and written English and French. Fluency in Spanish, Italian, or German is a plus.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.