Engineering / R&D – Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
We are looking for a Lead Developer (m/f) for our R&D team based in Nantes.
· Manage hierarchically and lead technically a 7 to 10 developers team, mixing frontend and backend engineers
· Be deeply aware of the development activities in the R&D department and work with architecture and engineering teams to be sure their work is coordinated with the overall product architecture and vision;
· Support the product owner in technical refinement of stories and sprint preparations by helping clarifying technical requirements and providing qualified feedback and estimations.
· Since Data Inventory is core to our Data Governance platform, cross project communication and expectation management is an important part of the role.
Skills and experience:
· BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience;
· 7+ years of experience in Cloud application development
· 3+ years in development team management or as a tech lead role
· Strong knowledge in highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
· Strong knowledge in Scala / Java
· Knowledge of one of the Cloud providers environment (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform);
· Strong interpersonal and excellent communication and presentation skills in English
· Experience in working within a distributed & international agile team environment.
What we offer you:
· Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (Spark, Beam, K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
· A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
· Top modern offices with ideal locations
· Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.