Principal Customer Success Manager
Greater New York City Area
Customer Success – Customer Success Managers
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Principal Customer Success Manager
North-East (NY/NJ/PA/Boston) - REMOTE
We established a Customer Success function consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
We’re looking for a Principal Customer Success Manager to ensure our Customers are getting value and renewing from Talend products and solutions.
- Be a key part of a growing global Customer Success team managing a select list of our Strategic Customers
- Drive renewals and identify opportunities for growth (via upsells and cross-sells) within your Strategic Customer base
- Closely work with your respective Account Executives to nurture your Customer opportunities to closure
- Be the Voice of the Customer - identifying and quantifying the key factors for Customer success and then communicating them effectively to drive the product roadmap and develop a plan to meet said criteria based on regularly cadenced communications with your Customer (QBRs, Executive Meetings, etc.)
- Be able to travel on a regular basis to meet with your Strategic Customers in person
- Develop a plan to increase the penetration at your Strategic Customers that provides for increased Talend executive visibility
- Be innovative and make an impact: on your Customers, on your team, and on the company.
- Experience working with a technical Customer base and understand corporate IT projects and processes.
- A highly quantitative approach to understanding, measuring, and forecasting Customer behavior and revenue
How you will be measured:
- Develop and own the Talend Success Plan for deployment at your strategic customers
- Ensure that customers are strong advocates of Talend by participating in the Talend Customer Advisory Board and providing excellent references both within and outside of their company
- Manage a group of premier and strategic customers to a gross revenue retention rate and a net renewal rate
- Meet onsite with strategic customers at least once every two weeks and facilitate a meeting with executives 2-4 times per year
- Proactively communicate and manage Customer Health Scores through the proper Talend channels.
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Own overall relationship with assigned clients, which include: Increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and satisfaction. Responsible for Gross Renewal rate of assigned customers
We are seeking someone with:
- 12-20 years of work experience in customer facing roles with proven success record as Technology Advisory, Pre-sales, consulting Architect, product or technical account manager.
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth (via upsells and cross-sells) of our Customers
- Proven track record meeting set expectations.
- Team player with consistent success in cross-functional organizational structures
- Strategic thinker who is capable of blending technology and business strategy to develop customer/VAR account success plans
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner constituencies including senior level executives in Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Support, and Finance.
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-growing dynamic company.
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of our product(s).
- Understanding of the data and application integration markets, current market trends and industry players.
- Technology practitioner in Solutioning, Architecture and Design experience (pre/post-Sales) for enterprise level Data and Analytics ecosystem.
- Subject matter expert on Data Integration, ETL/ELT Architecture and deep understanding of system and application integration, Data Warehouse and Data Modeling concepts.
- Recent technology expertise with 2 or more of the following skills:
Big Data (Hadoop distributions and key technologies)
Relational and NoSQL databases
Data Integration (ETL)
Master Data Management (MDM)
Enterprise Service Bus (SOA/ESB)
Data Quality (DQ)
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.