Principal Customer Success Talend Developer
New York City, New York /
Customer Success – Customer Success Managers /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
As a Principal Talend Developer, you will have the opportunity to develop a sophisticated Digital Touchpoint Model which enable our customers to do more with Talend than they thought possible. We use Talend on Talend to provide customers what they need just before they need it, to create data driven programs that allow us to deliver value to customers at scale. You will report to our Sr. Director of Customer Success Transformation where you will be the primary developer of an industry-leading customer touchpoint program. A great strength of Talend is our ability to collaborate and succeed in cross-functional teams. You will work collaboratively with all groups within Customer Success as well as IT, Sales Operations, and cross-functional Go-To-Market teams. Key to this role is the ability to move fast, be responsive, navigate ambiguity, and make an impact.
Who you are:
- An intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful completion of multifaceted development project.
- A true lover of data.
- Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
- A developer with deep experience in BI, Data, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) or Big Data (extra credit for more than a year’s experience specifically with Talend development)
- A team player who contributes to a culture of team achievement and overall project success; you are invested in the larger outcome as much as your contribution to it.
- You think, every day, about how you can improve the experience of your customers
What you will do:
- Plan and perform technical analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases of customer outreach programs (Digital Touchpoint).
- Participate in Release Planning, clarify requirements and define acceptance criteria
- Provide technical design and solution leadership for projects, work closely with project team to ensure quality and timely delivery at each project phase
- Design and develop ETL process, ensure best practices are being followed during design and build
We would be excited about you if you had......
- 8+ years of strong, hands-on development experience in a data driven environment.
- Good working knowledge of MySQL/PostgreSQL/Redshift and understanding of data modelling and relational databases.
- Experience in building Talend based ETL workflow to ingest, transform and aggregate data
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and data integration/data analytics environments
- Strong interpersonal skills: experience collaborating successfully with diverse cross-functional teams, driving the right work while not being afraid to say “no”
- Ability to apply critical thinking to select the best way forward; focused on delivering measurable results.
- Experience in building framework-based data integration projects using Talend software
- Understanding of AWS Cloud platform services
- Nice to have: Advanced knowledge of Salesforce.com and or Gainsight. Knowledge of customer journey mapping and experience developing customer health metrics
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.