Engagement Manager, ASEAN
Professional Services – Professional Services /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
· Talend is a rapidly growing leader in the data and application integration space. We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney, with more to come. Our customers are thought leaders when it comes to data integration and are some of the biggest and best companies in retail, financial services, consumer products, and business services.
· We enable data driven companies to be more effective at what they do by providing them with the tools, infrastructure, and guidance to make informed business decisions.
· Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively.
· Services are critical to helping our large customers quickly become experts on Talend.
· Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 100 people strong – consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team – all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful sales and delivery of Services.
- A true lover of data.
- Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
- A consultant and mentor with deep experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, MDM, Application Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) or Big Data (extra credit for more than one)
- A natural-born project manager, with the discipline, methodology background, and cadence to ensure that multiple projects are moving forward successfully and consistently.
- A manager who fosters a learning culture and is a disciple of the school of thought that “The next best thing to good news is bad news delivered early.”
- Someone who, when presented with a set of information, will ask “why” or “so what” until getting to actionable insights.
- Someone who understands the meaning of “executive attention span” and can deliver an impactful message within that constraint.
- A seasoned project manager with at least 7 years of Professional Services experience; 4 of those as a manager – of projects and people.
- A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customers’
- Oversee the delivery of Talend projects at customer accounts within region to ensure deployment matches client executive and business sponsor expectations
- Manage complex implementation, integration, enhancement, or audit projects: define production consulting scope, proposals and service engagements
- Manage and mentor PS Consultants assigned to a project;
- Work as part of a team with Sales, Sales Engineers, and Professional Services management
- Assist in the achievement of services booking, revenue and margin targets
- Interface with Talend Sales, Marketing, R&D, Product Management, Customer Success Management, and Customer Support
- Manage the estimation and creation of Statements of Work for your assigned customers.
- In collaboration with Sales, develop project opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Ensure the successful delivery of customer projects assigned to your team.
- Hire, develop and manage consultants and ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with the highest consistent quality.
- Serve as escalation point for your team’s customers to ensure high quality deliverables, solutions and client management on projects.
- Develop and maintain deep customer relationships
- Recruit, train, and develop a team in order to create the highest quality consulting organization in the industry.
- Mentor team members and provide feedback to grow and improve skills.
- Manage consultants so that each achieves their billing target per month.
- Serve as a role model in project management, best practice sharing, proactive actions and creative problem solving activities.
- Mentor assigned employees and new hires to ensure adoption of methodology and delivery of quality of work, and to ensure that company objectives are met.
- Manage your function to quarterly booking, revenue, retention, and quality targets.
- Be a positive, dynamic role model that displays an impeccable work ethic, creative problem solving skills, a positive attitude, and a proactive approach.
- Participate in, and occasionally lead planning and management meetings, projects or events as requested.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 50%
Customer Project Work
Overall Talend Responsibilities
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.