Director, Global Sales Operations - REMOTE
Redwood City, California /
Sales / Business Development – Sales Enablement /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
We are seeking a strategic Global Director of Sales Operations to support Talend’s revenue growth by advising sales leadership on areas where we can improve sales efficiency, predict success and failure points with data, and impact business success. This critical operations leader will coach and manage the team that focuses on measuring and reporting global sales performance, owns forecast cadence, assists in sales planning and manages the GTM technology stack. This role will have a critical impact on the inner workings of our rapidly growing revenue organization, and the strategies, processes, and systems that support growth. The ability to present data-driven narratives and influence leadership are very important to Talend’s continued growth.
About the Role:
- Lead a team of Sales Ops business partners aligned to each sales segment. This is a player/coach role that requires both people leadership and project-based work
- Analyze business trends and present creative, innovative insights to leadership that drives change and sales cycle improvement
- Providing robust analytics, and data management for sales planning, productivity analysis, attainment, quotas, capacity, and staffing
- Analysis of sales wins, losses, sales pipeline by product, sales leader, region, industry, etc.
- Maintain data governance and quality assurance
- Collaborate with Finance to perform revenue forecast and commission calculations
- Partner with Finance, HR and other teams on complex cross-organizational projects
- Build business cases and own the engagement of Sales tools and technology that scales and improves customer/employee experiences
- Partner with Deal Desk and GTM Strategy teams to assist in rolling out new concepts in Salesforce as well as finding and disseminating best practices
- Implement compensation programs that offer incentive, rewards and drives accountability
- Analyze sales data; identify opportunities, concerns, and trends and recommend and support implementation of actions to increase success
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations or revenue operations
- Significant experience with Salesforce.com architecture, including integrated data systems for optimal account hygiene and territory planning
- Must have hands-on experience in business analysis, data analytics, and statistical modeling
- Experience working with sales management on territory planning and assisting in the rollout of quotas and commission plans
- History of leading and developing high performing teams
- Knowledge of the following SaaS solutions a plus: Clari, Gong.io, Xactly
- Understanding of or experience working in a programming language (SQL, R, Python) a plus
- Execution focused
- Strong Relationship Building skills
- Communication Skills
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity consideration for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.