Associate DevOps Support Engineer
Customer Success – Customer Support
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
What you’ll do:
As an Associate DevOps Support Engineer you will be part of the newest and growing team at Talend. The DevOps Support team is responsible for all aspects of the Global Customer Support troubleshooting platform, which includes provisioning VMs, containers and tools to optimize the Support Engineers’ job. We develop and maintain our own set of tools to allow Support and Software engineers to replicate software anomalies encountered by our customers. These environments can be Linux and Windows-based, and include many different technologies and tools such as databases, Big Data tools like Hadoop, repositories like SVN and GIT, and Talend products. You will work closely with Talend Support Engineers and DevOps Engineers to set up these environments and to automate this process to make it scalable through the use of cloud platforms and Docker. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and s/he will also believe that automation is a key component to operating efficiently.
This position is office-based in Atlanta, GA.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, Q&A, and PM on system design, process improvements, and resolving complex technical problems.
- Perform operational support tasks as required to maintain infrastructure uptime.
- Develop, integrate, improve and automate software for deployment, maintenance, monitoring and debugging of Talend software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve physical and virtual data center infrastructure issues.
- Perform fault studies and reliability analysis for mission critical systems.
- Plan, coordinate and manage installation and preventive maintenance activities.
- Recognize and identify work that needs to be performed with a sense of urgency and ownership for improving the overall environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 1-2+ years of experience as Systems Engineer or System Operator.
- Ability to code and script using various open source technologies. At least one these languages (Java, Python, Bash or PERL) is required.
- Ability to crack tough technical problems quickly with creative solutions.
- Ability to work well with customers and engineers and in a cross-team environment; customer- and team-focused.
- Experience with DevOps tools and technologies such as Jenkins/Git/Nexus is preferred.
- Experience with deployment, automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Docker, Mesos) is preferred.
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia) and virtualization technologies (VMWare, VirtualBox, KVM...) is preferred.
- Good experience with Cloud computing (AWS or Azure or Google Cloud) and/or a certification is a plus.
- Experience with a large-scale distributed computing infrastructure (Hadoop, specifically HDFS and Yarn) is a plus.
- Experience in a data center networking, security and storage infrastructure is a plus.
- Expert level understanding of Linux OS. Familiar with other OS like Windows server and Mac.
- High communication abilities while interacting with other teams at Talend and with our customers.
- Great communication skills with ability to share operation progress.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.