Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Accounting
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is hiring a Collections Specialist to join our global Accounting team. As part of both a dynamic, fast-growing company with an internationally dispersed Accounting team you will be a self-starter who is excited to take on the challenge of joining a scaling company. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company as it continues to grow, and where every person on the team performs a valued and critical role – if you want to fade into the background this job is not for you.
While this role is reporting to our Collections Manager who is based in France, you’ll be based in the same building in Suresnes and will be interacting with our team and customers across France, Spain and Italy.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON:
- Assisting in Southern Europe collections and customer issues for this area.
- Work directly with customers to resolve outstanding invoice issues and residual balances, maximising recoveries and minimising write-offs
- Monitor dunning notices and initiate collections calls to delinquent customers
- Contact customers receiving first invoice
- Create billing disputes and monitor through to resolution
- Interpret contracts to ensure proper management of accounts related to disputes, disconnects, and suspension of service
- Apply payments and credit memos in the accounts receivable system
- Perform monthly bad debt review of customer base, making recommendations for reserves to be established
- Review billed early termination charges and provide opinion on collectability
- Monthly reporting and other projects as assigned
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of financial or accounting experience, and have a desire to learn and progress your career
- Experience with Excel is required; experience with Netsuite, Salesforce, and Sidetrade, would be a huge plus
- Good with technology and detail orientated, you will not be afraid of using a computer to help minimise the workload whilst helping to drive and direct process changes to ensure continuing efficiency
- Given that part of the role is customer facing, you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to exercise proper judgement in dealing and escalating issues
- French and English are mandatory – Italian/Spanish would be interesting
Some Cool Perks with Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.