Lead Developer Backend
Nantes, France /
Engineering / R&D – Development /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
We are looking for a Lead Developer for Talend Dataops Domain. Talend Data Ops Domain provides softwares enabling our customers to operate they data and their Talend ecosystem. The team looking at its leader is working currently on collecting all kinds of metrics related to customer workload running in Talend Cloud engine. It uses Docker, Kubernetes and modern CI / CD technology. The backends in use are Postgresql, AMQ, Kafka, MongoDB, Zookeeper.
Mentoring & Leadership
· Organize and lead a group of software engineers responsible for delivering a scalable and performant platform
· Lead by example, care for your team and always be there for them
· Coach, guide, inspire, and motivate team members
· Take the initiative and share cloud innovative design patterns and frameworks, balancing implications of these choices on application usability, performance, and maintainability
Architecture & Development
· Build cloud services that support large, complex applications.
· Recommend technical strategy and direction in the area(s) of expertise
· Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies
· Build new high-level designs as required
DevOps & Testing
· Analyze and improve efficiency, stability, and scalability of services
· Build 360-Degree monitoring dashboards of your Microservices
· Professional Java programming experience with RESTful, Message-/Event-Driven technologies, distributed applications
· Feel comfortable with our current tech stack: NoSQL, RDMS, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices, various cloud technologies
· You like most of our methods: Agile, continuous integration, automation, iterative delivery
· You love managing a team
· Significative cloud computing experience
· Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and multi-task ability with close attention to detail
· Experience in delivering results in rapid release cycles
· Experience working in Agile/Iterative/Scrum development experience
· Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
· For you, it does matter whether an API call takes 1200ms or 200ms
· Experience with Test-driven development/Unit Testing and automation
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.