Senior FP&A Analyst, Cash
Redwood City, CA
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Finance / FP&A
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is hiring a Cash Analyst within the Strategic Finance team to better predict and understand our company’s cash flows. In this newly created role, you will get to work with the entire Finance group as well as cross-functional partners and top-level executives to deliver key analysis and projections on our working capital and cash. You'll report to our FP&A Manager. This role sits full-time in our Redwood City global HQ.
We are looking for someone who is a highly motivated self-starter willing to take on a challenge. You are both detail-oriented and able to see the bigger picture. You have a solid knowledge of the financial statements and are good at modeling in Excel and financial systems. You are a team player and are also able to lead cross-functional projects with several stakeholders.
What you'll be working on:
- Own Talend’s cash flow models and optimize forecasting models through direct and indirect methodology with a monthly, quarterly and 12-month outlook
- Design and create Anaplan models to support planning and forecasting processes
- Partner with the Strategic Finance, FP&A and Treasury teams to predict cash inflows and outflows
- Translate business strategy and expenditures into cash impact
- Provide analysis on our cash variance for our top line, functional cost center and 15+ subsidiaries
- Analyze monthly and quarterly end cash balances and coordinate actual to forecast/budget explanations to better understand variances vs expectations
- Define and monitor key metrics on working capital and collection efficiency in relation to operational areas of focus: DSO, DPO, collection efficiency…
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions based on sound evaluation
- Own consolidated cash flow forecast/budget package and presentation, which provides executive management insights into cash variances versus prior forecasts and periods
- Proactively identify improvements in various existing financial and accounting processes and lead improvement projects.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, modeling
- Highly motivated individual who is entrepreneurial, intellectually curious, innovative, result-driven, and a team player
- Strong understanding of cash flow concepts/principles and forecasting as well as the three financial statements is a must.
- Excel mastery and proven experience in building financial models
- Able to effectively lead and manage multiple processes in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience working in an international environment strongly preferred
- Prior experience designing and building models in Anaplan (or other planning systems) strongly preferred
- Significant experience working directly with executives and business leaders to solve complex, ambiguous problems
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a deep understanding of the business and financial operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; a Master's is strongly preferred
- SaaS industry experience preferred
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.