Strategic Services Manager
Professional Services – Professional Services /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
Talend is hiring a Strategic Services Manager to oversee our strategic consulting function and resources. Strategic Architects work with our customers to provide guidance for enterprise-wide transformational integration activities. The strategic architect acts as a trusted advisor to our customers and provides technology leadership on integration architecture, best practices and governance.
The Strategic Services Manager will provide leadership and oversight to ensure that solutions are well designed and architected from a technical perspective, and delivers successful project outcomes for our customers. The Strategic Services Manager will be responsible for building and scaling the function, while driving innovation and enablement goals across the team.
Who you are:
- You are a leader who can build a team of customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright and energetics architects.
- It excites you and it is natural for you to discover, evaluate, design, and implement solutions.
- You always strive for success, both personally and on behalf of your customer.
- You’re a passionate, customer-centric individual who can communicate back to your company methods for bettering the customer experience.
- You think, every day, about how you can improve the engagement methods and experience of your customers.
- You understand and appreciate that a customer’s experience is made up of their interactions with your products, your people, your systems, and your processes.
- You have exceptional presentation skills.
- You have strong experience in the arena of Cloud, Big Data, Spark, Spark Streaming, Data Warehouse, Integration and ETL and are looking for the next “Big Thing”.
- You have gained credible experience or have deep interest in Cloud and Big Data technologies.
- You are a team player who creates a culture of learning and sharing of knowledge.
- You thrive on innovation and instill passion to people around you.
What you'll do:
- Directly manage all designated resources and their associated workload
- Ensure that strategic services engagements are driving the desired outcome for the customers
- Manage to the financial integrity of the Strategic Services team through group utilization metric
- Create a team environment that sustains a highly motivated group working together to achieve common objectives
- Work cross-functionally to drive process improvement
- Establish quarterly and yearly team objectives and drive performance improvements
- Understand the capabilities of each team member and establish personalised development plans
- Work with Customer Success Managers, Account Executives, and Professional Services Managers to support them in driving the adoption of Talend products
- Serve as a trusted technical adviser to customers and prospects
- Lead regular status meetings with project teams, customers, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Provide updates, status and next steps on a regular cadence through chatter and email.
- Serve as a technical coach to co-workers and own direct reports, providing advice and guidance
What you’ve done:
- You have worked in the Cloud, Big Data, Data Integration and/or Application Integration space.
- You have installed, configured and deployed enterprise software within fortune 500 companies.
- You can design highly complex solutions that meets functional and non-functional requirements.
- You’ve had customer-facing consulting and enablement roles.
- You have developed and delivered enablement presentations for your customers.
- You have experienced being put in a position of trusted advisor with your customers.
- You have managed a team of at least 7 direct reports for at least 3 years.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) or higher in Computer Science
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience with the last 3 years’ experience in a manager capacity with several direct reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills at all levels
- Strong time management skills, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Ability to tie your group’s goals to the strategic objectives of the company
- Act as a role model to others by setting an example of integrity, ethical behaviour and professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of professional staff.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and situations, and break it down into result driven actions
- Ability to prioritize, escalate and lead efforts on complex customer requests
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure
- Cloud/Saas solutions
- Big Data (Hadoop distributions and key technologies like Hive and Spark)
- Data Integration (ETL)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Data Quality (DQ)
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Travel Requirements: Flexibility to travel (40%)
Current or past experience in two or more of the following disciplines:
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.