Expert Pre-Sales Data DACH (can be remotely based in Germany)
Bonn, Germany /
Sales / Business Development – Sales Engineering /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
As part of our exceptional growth across EMEA Talend are seeking a highly experienced, driven, passionate & technically minded Solutions Engineer for an exciting pre-sales role based in Germany. Our German headquarter is in Bonn, but working from home is also a valid option.
It is a great time to join Talend! Our leading edge innovative product suite has global reach supporting some of the world’s top companies. Our data management solutions are the most widely used in the world, with our portfolio of products now reaching well beyond our Data Integration & Data Quality roots; with robust solutions in Cloud, Big Data, Self-Service, and API.
As a successful candidate you will play a lead role in securing the ‘technical win’ in these data spaces; Working with clients from developer level through to CxO, you will utilise your business & technical expertise from the Discovery stage through to Demonstration & PoC, to securing the technical and commercial win with a client. Further to this you will be tasked with some of the more complex and wider reaching client projects, utilising your technical and customer facing experience. You will be a hands-on, technically astute storyteller who thinks on their feet. You understand, analyse and then customise the right solution from Talend’s innovative product suite; All the while guiding the client, forging a strong working relationship alongside the sales and technical teams.
- Identify business issues and relate them to Talend product capabilities; articulating our value proposition and how we stand out from the pack across all levels within prospect client organisations
- Build comprehensive demonstrations and confidently deliver presentations and workshops to tech and non-tech stakeholders
- Hands-on management and delivery of successful Proof-of-Concepts
- Collaboratively work with Talend’s sales and technical divisions to ensure the very best customer experience, product delivery and future retention as we build a network of advocates of the Talend platform
- Take ownership of high priority, high technical and unique customer projects
- An excellent background in pre-sales with a proven track record of success
- A strong background in technical or development with a passion for hands on technical problem solving
- A passion for (big) data, the cloud, and the latest innovations in the space
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skill
- Strong ability and experience with some of the following:
- Cloud systems & architectures
- Data Integration, Data Quality & Data Governance
- APIs and web technologies
- Big Data & AI technologies
- Fluent German and English
- Tech knowledge should also be accompanied by skills in the areas of Java, SQL/RDBMS, and XML/JSON.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.