Product Owner Cloud/SRE
Engineering / R&D – Cloud Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is looking for a Product Owner (Cloud/SRE) to join our growing team in Suresnes or Nantes. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the design of our Talend Cloud Site Reliability Engineering services. You’ll get to work hands-on with plenty of exciting technology and scale challenges as we grow to support millions of transactions across hundreds of servers in our Talend Cloud environment. We are seeking candidates with expertise on product ownership, Agile software development, Cloud technologies and Cloud Production services.
· Owner of the Product Backlog for Talend Cloud Site Reliability Engineering project, including the definition of priorities within the backlog.
· Actively break down new features into user stories. Ensure that user stories are correctly prepared for implementation by SRE team
· Do timely and qualified review of bug reports.
· Support the product management team in requirement management process for new releases by providing requirements, qualified feedback and estimations.
· Guidance for the SRE team in technical questions and continuous improvement of code quality.
· Selection, validation and introduction of new technologies into the product and to the SRE team.
· Cross-project communication and expectation management is an important part of the role.
Actively support our customers with technical and usage information (e.g. via forum, Jira etc.)
- Bachelor in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Practical experience in Cloud engineering / architecture (AWS, Azure is a plus) and microservices domain.
- Practical experience with Agile software development process / Scrum methodology
- You worked as Product Owner, as a Lead Software Architect, a technical Scrum Master before and took responsibility for a product or project delivery.
- Knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following technologies would be a good fit: Docker, Kubernetes, APIs / API GWs, Prometheus, ElasticSearch/ELK, Grafana, Security, Cloud Technologies, e.g. Hybrid cloud, Data security on cloud, Data ingestion etc.
- Good understanding of the typical SDLC and related workflows / tools like CI/CD, QA [automation], git, Jenkins, junit, gradle and others.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both oral and in writing.
- Experience in working within a distributed international agile team environment. Strong interpersonal and communications skills
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.