Senior Presales Data (Solution Engineer)
Sales / Business Development – Sales Engineering
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We are hiring a Senior Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Engineer) to continue to build a proactive, customer-facing organization that ensures customers are getting value from Talend’s products and solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Engineer) to join the sales team and support the increasing demand from our direct sales teams. Our portfolio of products has expanded from purely Data Integration to include Data Quality (DQ), Master Data Management (MDM), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Big Data and Cloud.
The main responsibilities are to secure the “technical win” in growing our customer’s community and contribute to the enablement of our prospects during their selection process.
The Senior Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Engineer) will have a focus on one of our Product practice such as Big Data or Enterprise Service Bus.
Key Job Functions Include:
- Identifying business issues and relating them to Talend capabilities
- Articulating Talend’s value proposition and differentiation at all levels within Enterprise Accounts
- Engaging in and responding to RFI/RFP procurement processes
- Qualifying opportunities
- Building and delivering comprehensive customized demonstrations
- Working within the sales team to own technical relationships with prospects from developer to CIO
- Managing delivering Proof of Concepts (POC)
- Demonstrating success at working both independently and as a valued team player
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Managing a high number of concurrent active prospects
- Ideally possessing 5+ years of pre-sales experience
- Experience working complex multi-solution six figure deals
- Data Integration (ETL); experienced in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Technical knowledge should include JAVA, SQL, XML, JSON, XSD, XSLT, and HTML
- Big Data (Hadoop distributions and key technologies)
- Data Quality (DQ)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Relational and NoSQL databases
Note that this is a hands-on role and requires the pre-sales engineer to install and configure the Talend software to meet the needs of the POC as defined and agreed with the customer.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.