Expert Presales Data (Solution Engineer)
Sales / Business Development – Sales Engineering
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
We are hiring an Expert Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Engineer) to continue to build a proactive, customer-facing organization that ensures customers are getting value from Talend’s products and solutions.
We are seeking an Expert Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Engineer) to join the sales team and support the increasing demand from our direct sales teams. Our portfolio of products has expanded from purely Data Integration to include Data Quality (DQ), Master Data Management (MDM), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Big Data and Cloud.
The main responsibilities are to secure the “technical win” in growing our customer’s community and contribute to the enablement of our prospects during their selection process.
The Expert Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Engineer) will have a focus on one of our Product practice such as Big Data or Enterprise Service Bus.
Key Job Functions Include:
- Identifying business issues and relating them to Talend capabilities
- Articulating Talend’s value proposition and differentiation at all levels within Enterprise Accounts
- Engaging in and responding to RFI/RFP procurement processes
- Qualifying opportunities
- Building and delivering comprehensive customized demonstrations
- Working within the sales team to own technical relationships with prospects from developer to CIO
- Managing delivering Proof of Concepts (POC)
- Demonstrating success at working both independently and as a valued team player
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Managing a high number of concurrent active prospects
- Ideally possessing 5+ years of pre-sales experience
- Experience working complex multi-solution six figure deals
- Data Integration (ETL); experienced in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Technical knowledge should include JAVA, SQL, XML, JSON, XSD, XSLT, and HTML
- Big Data (Hadoop distributions and key technologies)
- Data Quality (DQ)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Relational and NoSQL databases
Note that this is a hands-on role and requires the pre-sales engineer to install and configure the Talend software to meet the needs of the POC as defined and agreed with the customer.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.