Expert Presales Data (Solution Engineer)
Suresnes, France /
Sales / Business Development – Sales Engineering /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
We are hiring an Expert Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Engineer) to continue to build a proactive, customer-facing organization that ensures customers are getting value from Talend’s products and solutions.
We are seeking an Expert Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Engineer) to join the sales team and support the increasing demand from our direct sales teams. Our portfolio of products has expanded from purely Data Integration to include Data Quality (DQ), Master Data Management (MDM), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Big Data and Cloud.
The main responsibilities are to secure the “technical win” in growing our customer’s community and contribute to the enablement of our prospects during their selection process.
The Expert Pre-Sales Engineer (Solution Engineer) will have a focus on one of our Product practice such as Big Data or Enterprise Service Bus.
Key Job Functions Include:
- Identifying business issues and relating them to Talend capabilities
- Articulating Talend’s value proposition and differentiation at all levels within Enterprise Accounts
- Engaging in and responding to RFI/RFP procurement processes
- Qualifying opportunities
- Building and delivering comprehensive customized demonstrations
- Working within the sales team to own technical relationships with prospects from developer to CIO
- Managing delivering Proof of Concepts (POC)
- Demonstrating success at working both independently and as a valued team player
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Managing a high number of concurrent active prospects
- Ideally possessing 5+ years of pre-sales experience
- Experience working complex multi-solution six figure deals
- Data Integration (ETL); experienced in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Technical knowledge should include JAVA, SQL, XML, JSON, XSD, XSLT, and HTML
- Big Data (Hadoop distributions and key technologies)
- Data Quality (DQ)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Relational and NoSQL databases
Note that this is a hands-on role and requires the pre-sales engineer to install and configure the Talend software to meet the needs of the POC as defined and agreed with the customer.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.