Design System Designer
Nantes, France /
Engineering / R&D – User Experience /
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
We are Talend, a worldwide leading data integration and data governance company. With our apps you can share clean, complete and uncompromised data: healthy data people can trust.
We're looking for a Design System Designer to join our Design System team. At Talend, we are convinced that a Design System is composed of the UI kit, guidance, and reusable components. Prompted by this knowledge, nothing can be shipped without all of those being done at first.
Our team builds the Talend Design System. We deliver a shared and consistent design foundation, a library of reusable user interface components, and a set of tools that allow Talend teams to build the interfaces using modern web standards, guided by usability and accessibility best practices.
We are in charge of providing a whole Design System that allows product teams to deliver well-shaped interfaces for the two last versions of the most used web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari).
As a Design System Designer, you will be responsible for the overall design and participate in the development of the system. As part of a small in-house team, you are expected to find the right balance between teamwork and autonomy.
We are looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers.
You can learn more about the project on design.talend.com.
You will be welcome to work from our offices in Nantes or in Paris. Or to work remotely from your home office in France, Germany or the UK.
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional environment of engineers, designers, writers, and product managers to build and maintain our central component library.
- Drive the adoption of our Design System across the company, within all of our apps and integrations.
- Explore new ways of solving cross-platform design problems at scale.
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
What we are looking for in our new Design System Designer:
- Manage the Figma library: create new components with its variations and update the existing component with the Product Designers
- Document the Design System elements (components, patterns, pages...) — design.talend.com
- Own different projects and share progress with the teams involved.
- Accessibility standards knowledge, how to test it and solve issues.
- Having a web culture is a requirement: be able to identify a component and to understand its purpose
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. We appreciate your interest in Talend.