Java Software Engineer
Interactive Brokers /
Our partner Interactive Brokers ("IBKR") is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Typical projects will be focused on web server, middle-ware and back-end development and integration. The majority of development will be using Java with some exposure to PL/SQL and Python. Projects can also include support of Oracle database schemas, PL/SQL packages, scheduled batch processing, Java applications and servers. A successful candidate must be highly analytical and adept at solving complex problems.
They are currently looking for highly skilled programmers from junior to senior level with an affinity and liking for Mathematics and passion for high-quality software engineering. Their openings could be qualified mostly as „back-end development” however day-to-day responsibilities may be connected to front-end tasks as well.
As a Java developer your tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Designing, implementing, and delivering high quality software solutions that conform to architectural standards
- Managing and “owning” significant development tasks end-to-end (from business requirements analysis to 3rd level production support)
- Demonstrating excellent collaboration skills in working closely with other development teams to roll-out important changes and applications
- Researching, conceiving, and developing technology solutions to extend and improve IB’s customer facing and back-end applications
- Reviewing code changes made by other developers to ensure correctness, efficiency, readability, and conformity with best practices
- Optimizing and refactoring existing code for improved reliability and performance
- Writing and maintaining design and engineering documentation
- Testing, fine-tuning, and deploying new software features
- Performing maintenance, updating production configuration required for rolling out new functionality and providing technical support
The key requirements are:
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in Java development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SQL and/or relational databases, other data storage solutions
- Experience in working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in at least one scripting language (e.g., Unix Shell)
- Strong communicational skills in English
Benefits and compensations:
- Very competitive base salary
- Stock and cash bonus
- Travel, food and gym allowance, etc.