Our partner, WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. They seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (Alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Their teams work collaboratively to drive the production of Alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
Our group is responsible for building software enabling both the large-scale quantitative-research operations that drive WorldQuant’s platform and the production of our portfolio. The team is currently embarking on a multi-year journey to provide a powerful, scalable, and efficient platform to drive the firm’s next decade of growth. We are looking for someone who can own some of the unique technical challenges inherent in the problem and who can bring solid experience and perspective to the team.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Experience developing large-scale, distributed systems
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- A minimum of 5 years writing production-quality code, preferably in C++
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
An outstanding candidate will also have experience with one or more of:
- Developing systems for managing and performing computation on large-scale graph data
- Streaming / dataflow systems
- Query planning / optimization
- Programming language theory
- Python development experience is also a plus
- Candidates need not have prior experience in financial services.
- Competitive compensation package
- Core benefits include: premium private health insurance and life insurance with savings plan
- Support for every aspect of life through Employee Assistance Program and fully covered sick leave
- Strong culture of learning and development: training courses, library, guest speakers, share and learn events, global conferences
- Regular offsite team buildings, annual conferences and occasional global summits – opportunity to travel and connect with our local and global teams
- Employee resources groups with strong diversity and inclusion culture