Senior Software Engineer (Java+Database)
Interactive Brokers /
Our partner Interactive Brokers ("IBKR") is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Typical projects will be focused on web servers, middle-ware and back-end development and integration. The majority of development will be using Java with some exposure to PL/SQL and Python. Projects can also include support of Oracle database schemas, PL/SQL packages, scheduled batch processing, Java applications and servers. A successful candidate must be highly analytical and adept at solving complex problems.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Java Developer who has experience with relational databases.
- Designing and developing scalable applications for mission-critical systems, eg: tools used by IB personnel and/or clients: tools used to restrict trading, monitor customer activity, make post-trade modifications, and generate trade reports.
- Being involved in the server-side phases of a multi-tier software development cycle (databases, middle tier, scripts).
- Debugging and maintaining existing systems.
- Optimizing and refactoring existing code for improved reliability and performance.
- Reviewing code changes made by other developers.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with light supervision.
- Knowledge of relational databases (including handling large/complex data sets), SQL, PL/SQL (Oracle is a plus).
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and understanding of commonly used design patterns.
- 3+ years of experience using core Java (at least one year using Java 1.8 or later is a plus).
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Strong English communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Willingness to learn and work with different programming languages
- Experience with REST services development
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Base salary pegged to Euro
- Discretionary annual bonus (cash and stock)
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free recreational pass (AYCM XL package)
- Daily food allowance in the office
- Monthly BKK pass
- Hybrid way of working (2 days home office/week)
- Modern office in the heart of Budapest with free amenities
- Great atmosphere with friendly and exceptional colleagues and frequent company outings.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
Please apply here or contact Gabi Sarkadi at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and she guides you in the selection process.