Senior Machine Learning Data Scientist
We are currently expanding out development team by several senior data scientists.
Are you interested in BIG data, in search technology, in mass-data analysis or machine learning? Do you like to code in Java using open-source software? Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing and most innovative IT companies in Luxembourg?
As a member of our machine learning/data science team, you will:
- Build, develop and refine our core machine learning technologies
- Participate in continuous R&D work for our machine learning algorithms
- Constantly work on diverse and challenging new functionalities (detection of duplicates, sentiment, events, trends, automatic translation of text, content extraction, clustering, image classification and brand detection, ...)
- Apply your work on our big data corpus of more than 350 million new posts a day. Our search archive has over 1 PB of data.
- Be able to influence business and product delivery in a flexible company structure
- Work together with Data, the search and the Talkwalker team.
We are looking for you:
- You have a MS or Phd degree in Maths/Statistics/Computer Science or related quantitative
- +5 years of experience as a Data Scientist
- You have a strong grasp of statistics and data mining techniques
- You have hands-on experience with programming languages such as R, Python and Java or C++
- A first experience with GPU programming would be a plus
- Fluency in software engineering tools and practices (revision control, compilation toolchain, debugging, etc).
- You are creative, self-motivated, try things out on your own and simply get things done.
What we offer:
- Outstanding development team and great company atmosphere where you can personally grow
- Monthly developer talks
- Yearly paid attendance to a conference of your choice related to your work.
- Central location in Luxembourg city (Royal Hamilius) easily reachable with public transport
- Multi-cultural and disciplinary environment, over 30 different nationalities with English being the official language
- Competitive salary package, flexible hours
- Additional benefits: free drinks, meal vouchers, weekly company lunches/drinks, monthly events (laser game, ice skating, ...)
- Possibility to advance in the company
- VISA sponsorship for exceptional candidates in case you don't have a European work permit.
Talkwalker is a listening and analytics company that empowers over 1,600 brands and agencies to optimize the impact of their communication efforts. The company provides businesses with an easy-to-use platform to protect, measure and promote their brands worldwide, across all communication channels. Talkwalker’s state-of- the-art social media analytics platform monitors and analyzes online conversations on social networks, news websites, blogs and forums in 187 languages. The company is headquartered in Luxembourg and has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Frankfurt and Singapore, with a total headcount of over 220 employees. For more information, please visit www.talkwalker.com.