Head of Growth
Drive hyper-growth in VC-backed corporate energy trading and data platform; disrupt the archaic commodities market
London, highly competitive salary, uncapped sales commission, and equity
The $5tn financial energy market critically impacts everyone on this planet. Yet, despite its crucial importance, the technology it uses is lagging behind other financial markets, with legacy processes & systems (namely, email, excel, webchat and phone) underpinning over 90% of all energy market activities.
At Tallarium we are solving this problem, transforming how global markets are traded and how companies operate on a day to day basis. Our market-leading solution (analogous to Bloomberg in the bond & equity market) uses AI and cutting-edge data science to provide the largest Fortune 500 companies with 360-degree transparency and insights for critical business & risk decisions. In doing so, we help optimize global energy flows and direct supplies to where consumers need them most.
We are backed by top fintech VCs and supported by an exceptional board of advisors, including 4 “unicorn builders”. We have a 15 person team with exceptional energy and trading market knowledge; Oxford, Cambridge, and Imperial backgrounds; and experiences at the world’s top institutions. Having more than doubled our revenue in the past year, we are now transitioning to the next phase of growth.
Our priority is to build our customer user base. To help us deliver that growth, we are looking for a Head of Growth who will help identify and close new partnership relationships and grow our enterprise accounts. This hire will be instrumental in us delivering our ambitious sales targets. This person will work with the rest of the sales team, learning about Tallarium's products, our sector, and our clients. They will become an expert and will be able to hold their own in conversations with traders and senior teams around the world.
- Working with Tallarium's leadership team to define our sales strategy, especially focused on account growth, partnerships, and 3rd party corporate resellers;
- Manage our enterprise accounts, looking to upsell and cross-sell our product and help solve our customers' fundamental problems;
- Locating and initiating new partnership relationships with the largest and most impactful organisations in the sector; including data vendors, consultancies, exchanges, etc.;
- Negotiating, maintaining & deepening relations with new & existing partners to ensure effective marketing and reselling of Tallarium's products;
- Leveraging relationships to gather product feedback for our product development efforts;
- Develop & maintain metrics and support our business-wide data-driven approach;
- 3-6 years of financial services/sales/consulting experience (especially startups/small teams in big companies working on startup initiatives);
- Experience in energy/OTC/capital markets;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with highly structured thinking;
- A go-getter with a proven track record of new business initiatives
- Success in sourcing new business relationships, developing long term relations and forging deals (ideally proven by hitting and exceeding revenue targets);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (oral and written) effectively;
- Excellent research, planning and organisation skills;
- Work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment where you can personally influence the course of the company;
- Huge potential for personal success, with commission-based sales targets, a strong product, multiple partnership routes, and a ready market;
- Potential for career growth in the role as Tallarium grows;
We are looking for the top 1% of people in their field to help us build the future of energy markets and support hyperscaling.
If you are:
- Ambitious, driven to make an impact in your first few weeks with the business,
- Constantly curious and want to learn a huge amount quickly,
- Keen on growing your career fast, taking on responsibility early,
We’d love to hear from you!