Senior/Lead Software Developer (Team Lead)
Data and Infrastructure for VC-backed corporate energy trading and data platform
London or Remote, highly competitive salary + equity (20* estimated increase in value)
Tallarium is a rapidly-growing London-based capital markets/data startup which has developed an AI-powered system for institutional energy trading. The bulk of the large-scale B2B derivative trading is done via 20+-year-old systems like messenger chat, telephone and Excel spreadsheets where data is siloed across teams and functions.
We build core data and trading infrastructure for derivative trade execution and risk management, allowing faster & more accurate critical trading decisions. We provide services for trading desks at multiple Fortune 500 companies and have been working with the super-majors from our beginning. We are currently a small team with Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial backgrounds and experience at the world’s top institutions. Having recently received backing from two institutional VC investors and a major strategic industry player, we are transitioning to the next phase of growth and looking for exceptional people to join.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be working on greenfield projects, as well as driving existing features to an enterprise-grade level. A large focus of this role will be the development, and growth of the engineering team, mentoring more junior colleagues and assisting the CTO with team management.
- You will then take full ownership over greenfield projects and manage junior team members within our Data and Infrastructure team to develop your technical leadership skills, and to ensure the team delivers as well as it can;
- We will onboard you in our technology stack in Elixir and Typescript, and get you up to speed on the industry background and the tech knowledge required;
- You will then take our new energy options (derivatives) processor from the pilot stage to roll out to all our customers, who are some of the largest trading houses in the world;
- You will take a key role in driving our Data and Infrastructure projects, including how our data is processed, aggregated and displayed to users;
- Lead the development and contribute to the architecture of our data feeds and APIs to help our clients with consuming Tallarium's unique real-time & historic data;
- You have at least three years of professional software development experience;
- You must have some management/team mentorship experience, and/or a desire to develop your skills as a team lead
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn on the job;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical subject from a top university;
- Previous experience in a functional programming language would be a plus;
- Work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment where you can personally influence the course of the company;
- Have your code powering trading at some of the largest energy trading companies in the world
- Help to lead a team of exceptional developers, growing your team-leadership and development skills
If helping us revolutionise the energy trading industry and develop software used by some of the largest names in the energy world sounds exciting, then we want to hear from you!