Business Development Manager
Drive significant growth in VC-backed corporate energy trading and data platform; disrupt the archaic commodities market
London or Remote, highly competitive salary, uncapped sales commission, and equity (with 50x+ upside potential)
Tallarium is a rapidly-growing London-based capital markets/data start-up developing an AI-powered system for institutional energy trading. Currently, the bulk of the large-scale B2B derivative trading is done via 20-year-old systems like messenger chat, telephone, and Excel spreadsheets where data is siloed across teams and functions. Join Tallarium and modernize commodity trading. We build core data and trading infrastructure for derivative trade execution and risk management, allowing faster & more accurate critical trading decisions. We provide services for trading desks at multiple Fortune 500 companies and have been working with the super-majors from our beginning. We are currently a team of 11 with strong academic backgrounds and experience at the world’s top institutions. Having recently received backing from two institutional VC investors and a major strategic industry player, we are transitioning to the next phase of growth and looking for exceptional people to join.
Our priority is to build our customer user base. To help us deliver that growth, we are looking for a Business Development Manager who will help us grow the business and drive our product into the market at speed.
- Engage directly with decision-makers in some of the largest businesses in Europe and across the world;
- Drive real growth, managing your own pipeline of prospects from lead generation to paying customer;
- Working closely with some of the biggest players in the energy market, you will become an expert in our clients' overall value proposition, products and tools;
- Through demonstrating and selling our disruptive product, you will provide feedback to our development teams and help drive the modernisation of the energy commodities market;
- By maintaining accurate and complete customer records, activity and pipeline reports within you will use data to drive sales improvements and increase your impact;
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals by phone, across video calls and in-person while maintaining established sales quotas;
- 5+ years experience in a SaaS sales capacity, ideally in the financial sector;
- Technology savvy and proficient in the use of a range of communication, presentation and other business tools;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (oral and written) effectively;
- Excellent research, planning and organisation skills;
- Passion for selling and enthusiastic self-starter with a “can-do attitude;
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn on the job;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Advanced knowledge of French would be a bonus;
- Work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment where you can personally influence the course of the company;
- Huge potential for personal success, with commission-based sales targets, a strong product, and a ready market;
- Potential for career growth in the role;
If helping us grow, selling to some of the largest names in the energy commodities market sounds interesting, then we want to hear from you!