Junior Software Developer
London/ UK Remote /
Data and Infrastructure for VC-backed corporate energy trading and data platform
London or Remote, highly competitive salary + equity (20* estimated increase in value)
Tallarium is a rapidly-growing London-based capital markets/data startup which has developed an AI-powered system for institutional energy trading. The bulk of the large-scale B2B derivative trading is done via 20+-year-old systems like messenger chat, telephone and Excel spreadsheets where data is siloed across teams and functions.
We build core data and trading infrastructure for derivative trade execution and risk management, allowing faster & more accurate critical trading decisions. We provide services for trading desks at multiple Fortune 500 companies and have been working with the super-majors from our beginning. We are currently a small team with Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial backgrounds and experience at the world’s top institutions. Having recently received backing from two institutional VC investors and a major strategic industry player, we are transitioning to the next phase of growth and looking for exceptional people to join.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will play a key role in the development of the company’s data and infrastructure projects as we develop a new suite of features new to the oil trading market across the range of technologies we currently use. You will have your code deployed on some of the largest trading companies in the world from day one.
- To begin with, we'll onboard you in our technology stack in Elixir and Typescript, and get you up to speed on the industry background and the tech knowledge required;
- You will then play a key part in an innovative project to create new end-of-day aggregated prices used by the industry for risk management, solving some key operational issues for the largest energy traders;
- You will help develop our ability to process and structure incoming text and voice data and learn about the business domain;
- You will take ownership over the development of new front-end features and, in doing so, shape the look and feel of the terminal;
- And the rest is up to you!
- You have at least one year of professional software development experience;
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn on the job;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject from a top 5 UK university or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a functional programming language would be very helpful;
- Work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment where you can personally influence the course of the company;
- Have your code powering trading at some of the largest energy trading companies in the world;
- Gain the decision-making experience to move into technical leadership;
If helping us revolutionise the energy trading industry and develop software used by some of the largest names in the energy world sounds exciting, then we want to hear from you!