Scottsdale, AZ /
Hello from Tallwave! We’re a customer experience design company partnering with change agents at the world’s most ambitious companies to create the experiences of the future. This includes developing new products, services, and business models that deliver amazing value and sustainable growth for their customers and employees.
Tallwave is in need of an experienced Creative Director who is a confident, creative, and a proven leader that believes flexibility, adaptability, and creativity are key to success. The ideal Tallwave CD is flexible, versatile, can manage project teams, and articulate the value of a concept or visual design to clients, designers, and internal account teams and departments with equal effectiveness.
As the Creative Director, you’ll work and oversee our industry’s brightest minds. You will be integral to the creative process and play pivotal roles in the strategy, conception, and design of customer experiences. You will also play a part in influencing client product strategy, organizing and leading our design standards, mentoring the Creative Team, and overseeing the quality of their work.
With regard to design, in this role you will:
- Have a passion for creating beautiful, pixel-perfect visual designs
- Oversee the design direction and development of creative materials
- Ensure brand identity and message consistency across channels
- Build and execute multi-channel campaigns including both traditional and new/innovative channels
- Work across all creative and non-creative disciplines to ensure brand consistency
With regard to team efficiency and staffing, in this role you will:
- Set and maintain design/quality standards, methodologies, values, and principles
- Stay on top of all design project work, including incoming work, and staffing accordingly. Understand when we need to hire and when we need to tap our contractor network to balance.
- Network, recruit, nurture, and ultimately hire best in class designers
With regard to team management, in this role you will:
- Support team happiness and love for their job
- Manage, mentor, nurture and inspire multiple projects and teams, including: allocating resources for projects, creating timelines, ensuring deadlines are met, and managing account team and client feedback and expectations
- Help team members and project teams navigate client project ambiguity, craft a strategic plan, and drive execution
- Guide teams in crafting and adapting visual style and tone based on audience, channel, and industry
- Evaluate creative team performance and guiding improvements in craft, process, and communication.
With regard to process, practices, and research, in this role you will:
- Inspire clients with innovative creative and communication that is grounded in business strategy and design thinking
- Be aware of what our competitors and our clients’ competitors are doing in order to create innovative designs and concepts
- Ensure our design process and methodologies are shared, understood, and used throughout the team
- Support efforts in sales initiatives, which can include: prospective client meetings, capabilities discussions, project estimation, assisting with scopes of work and RFP responses
- Improve productivity and team efficiency by experimenting with our processes, workflows, and tools—within the design team and cross-functional teams
- Build and foster relationships with TW internal teams as well as our client’s product management, design, and development teams
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of hands-on digital design experience. Agency experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience managing design team(s), with a desire to mentor people, helping them grow personally and professionally
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Visually stunning, cutting-edge portfolio not only showcasing a strong eye but also strong storytelling and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to think big and understand complex client needs, thinking both strategically and tactically, going effortlessly from high concept to hard-working detail
- Extensive knowledge of marketing (traditional, digital, and social), brand, and design principles, best practices and trends
- Strong campaign concepting, copywriting and strategy development skills
- Knowledge and understanding of UX design best practices, especially from a marketing perspective
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills; Not afraid of speaking in larger groups
- Strong appreciation for and understanding of the power of delegation
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic agency environment
- Relentlessly high standards for design excellence and the ability to encourage your team to have the same
- Desire and ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative and cross-functional team
- Degree in art direction, graphic design, or related field
- Expert level in Adobe CS, Sketch, Abstract, and other design-related tools
The culture and perks of being a Tallwaver:
- We embrace a maverick attitude. We’re willing to challenge convention and think beyond the ask.
- We are committed to relentless pursuit. We’re curious with a focus on personal growth.
- We value selfless teamwork, demonstrating strong leadership qualities with a knack for collaboration.
- We are thoughtfully rigorous, have a strong work ethic and have strong attention to details.
- We stop to celebrate. Through our “Cheers for Peers” happy hours, values-based awards during All Hands Meetings and on-the-fly high fives, we recognize the contributions of individuals and teams throughout Tallwave.
- We are a learning organization. From formal learning programs to our monthly catered “Lunch & Discuss” sessions, we are committed to continuous learning and growth as a team.
- We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) plans.
- We provide employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans and life insurance.
- We’re more concerned about how we work than where we work. We offer remote work and office hours flexibility as needed.
- We trust our team. Our unlimited PTO policy allows you to refresh, rejuvenate and attend to personal matters as needed.
- We are surrounded by badass talent and clients. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
Job may require sitting for long periods of time and minimal if any, lifting. Travel may be required.
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.