Scottsdale, AZ /
Are you obsessed with improving the brand experience? Can you look at a webpage and know exactly how to improve it for aesthetic appeal and user experience? Are you a relentless cheerleader for the user? Is “active listening” your middle name? Are you comfortable speaking candidly and challenging assumptions with respect and grace?
Tallwave is need of an experienced Art Director who is a confident, creative, and proven collaborator who believes flexibility, adaptability, and creativity are key to success. The ideal Tallwave Art Director is flexible and versatile, and can articulate the value of a concept or visual design to clients, designers, and developers with equal effectiveness. So if you believe you can back up your words with actions and create something amazing, keep reading…
THE FUN STUFF - The Tallwave Art Director will get to:
- Contribute stellar design skills with creative, bold concepts for marketing and branding projects. This will mostly be for digital projects but could also be for efforts in print, video, and motion graphics
- Own conceptual development, direction and delivery of visual design projects across multiple channels
- Confidently provide direction to other designers working on their projects, mentoring them, and upholding high standards of quality.
- Provide fresh ideas and exceptional design for these new efforts and establish a rapport with clients
- Partner closely with all teams to identify critical business problems and translate them into creative solutions that drive business metrics
THE SKILLS - the successful Tallwave Art Director candidate will:
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver exceptional design work for their client projects
- Become a key "voice" in client projects advocating for design and how it can be utilized
- Have a portfolio showing a wide range of clients and project types, particularly identity design, web/digital design, campaign conceptualizing and production, and print experience
- Be able to develop strategies for clients in order to move them toward business goals
- Have clear experience working with a larger team and contributing to strategies, creating concepts, and client management
- Be able to participate and help refine internal processes and services and offerings of the department
THE REQUIREMENTS - the ideal Tallwave Art Director candidate will have:
- At least 8 years of experience in the industry, as an average
- Expert level with tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Familiarity working with Dev teams
- A solid foundation in the principles of U/I and U/X, concept development, and brand development
- A degree from a university is cool, but not mandatory
THE PERKS - all Tallwavers enjoy:
- Trust. We trust our employees and believe you will do great work
- A competitive salary
- An environment that fosters empathy and compassion for each other and our clients
- A diverse (and competitive, and hilarious, and sometimes a little crazy) group of coworkers. You know, the kind you actually want to grab a drink with after work
- Career growth and opportunity -- we grow leaders here
- Recognition -- we encourage each other (and it’s not just blowing smoke around here -- when someone does a great job, we shout it from the rooftops)
- A generous PTO policy -- seriously, did you read about it yet? -- it’s kind of amazing.
- Food. Learn something new while munching on something delicious at our twice-monthly Lunch & Discusses
- Medical, dental, life, and 401(k)
- Working at a company featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more
- Control over your own destiny
Employees operate in a professional office environment and routinely use standard office equipment like computers, telephones, and teleconferencing equipment. We have an open floor plan — so you can easily communicate with everyone around you. No cubicles at Tallwave. Our office is a social environment (although you occasionally might need to watch out for flying nerf darts).
This job may require sitting for long periods of time, and minimal (if any) lifting. Travel may be required.
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.