Senior Data Developer
Scottsdale, AZ /
Technology & Analytics /
At Tallwave, we help companies take on some of their most complex problems -which is almost always about how to leverage digital technology to better serve their customers. Tallwave's Analytics & Technology team uses our skills to bring our client's vision to life. Working closely with our Analytics Team and our clients, the Senior Data Developer will create automations to extract and load client data into Tallwave’s proprietary Reporting Platform. You will also create reports, dashboards and visualizations leveraging your strong SQL skills to delight our clients. If the information below describes you, please contact us right away!
Note: Tallwave does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas.
The Tallwave Senior Data Developer will get to:
- Manage all data integration/extraction/storage needs as required for reporting
- Utilize SQL and data analysis tools to extract client data and format the results to answer specific business questions
- Develop ETL pipelines in Tallwave’s proprietary system to meet data input requirements
- Design and develop dashboards, visualizations, and ad-hoc reports using Google Data Studio and/or Tableau
- Work with many platforms via API, find commonalities in reporting requirements and drive efficiencies in data extraction, storage, and querying
- Automate periodic reporting based on requirements from Analysts
- Work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
The successful Senior Data Developer will have:
- Strong Python/C# .NET programming knowledge (either/or)
- Strong SQL skills, especially with developing resource efficient queries
- REST/SOAP API expertise
- Git experience
- Tableau or Google Data Studio experience building dashboards and visualizations
- Advanced data transformation skills
- Database management skills are a plus
- Previous experience with marketing-related tools a plus (i.e. Google Analytics)
The ideal Senior Data Developer will have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or a related field
- 3-5 years using Python/C# .NET to build ETL pipelines
- 3-5 years using MySQL to create efficient queries
- 1-3 years experience translating business requirements to data/technical requirements
- Proven ability to automate complex reporting processes
Why You Should Join Tallwave:
- We embrace a maverick attitude. We’re willing to challenge convention and think beyond the ask.
- We are committed to relentless pursuit. We’re curious with a focus on personal growth.
- We value selfless teamwork, demonstrating strong leadership qualities with a knack for collaboration.
- We are thoughtfully rigorous, have a strong work ethic and have strong attention to details.
- We stop to celebrate. Through our “Cheers for Peers” happy hours, values-based awards during All Hands Meetings and on-the-fly high fives, we recognize the contributions of individuals and teams throughout Tallwave.
- We are a learning organization. From formal learning programs to our monthly catered “Lunch & Discuss” sessions, we are committed to continuous learning and growth as a team.
- We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) plans.
- We provide employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans and life insurance.
- We’re more concerned about how we work than where we work. We offer remote work and office hours flexibility as needed.
- We trust our team. Our unlimited PTO policy allows you to refresh, rejuvenate and attend to personal matters as needed.
- We are surrounded by badass talent and clients. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
Job may require sitting for long periods of time and minimal if any, lifting. Travel may be required.
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Tallwave does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas.