Scottsdale, AZ /
Project Management /
Hello from Tallwave. We’re a customer experience design company partnering with change agents at the world’s most ambitious companies to create the experiences of the future. This includes developing new products, services, and business models that deliver amazing value and sustainable growth for their customers and employees.
Tallwave is growing and looking for an experienced Program Manager (PgM) who is passionate about working on large scale and complex programs. This role will be responsible for achieving the goals and vision for strategic outcomes by managing and coordinating a set of program components (initiatives and projects) to obtain benefits and control that could not have been achieved by managing the components individually. With a focus on client goals and success metrics, the PgM will lead multiple cross-functional project teams and work streams for experience design engagements. Excited? Keep reading…
In this role, you will:
- Organize and manage programs and activities aligned with the mission and goals of the organization and the client
- Partner with our Consulting team to achieve client profitability holistically
- Develop a budget and operating plan for the program in partnership with the Project Manager & the Consulting team
- Integrate projects to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Interface directly with client senior executives, making communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and key decisions
- Escalate risks to Leadership when appropriate
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project and program goals are achieved
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Formulate and implement responses to changes in context, dependencies, requirements, and/or constraints of a project
- Facilitate leadership discussions
- Assist in developing a roadmap and evolving project management maturity
- Stay on top of industry and market trends; reviewing, analyzing, and providing insights and recommendations business and financial data
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree or Master’s Degree in business or related field
- Be PMP Certified or equivalent
- Have 10+ years experience in the Project Management/Program Management field
- Be comfortable managing programs over $1M
- Have experience with managing teams, comfortable with performance management and people growth related to project and program management
- Have familiarity with growth and start-up environments
- Have experience managing projects and programs aligned with our service offerings (Design, Development, Content, Search, Analytics, Research etc.)
- Have excellent oral/written communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Have a constant risk management mind-set
- Be able to influence without authority through negotiation, interpersonal skills, and motivation skills
- Be a skilled change agent, able to handle broad change with incremental benefit realization
- Be comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization
- Possess very strong conflict resolution skills
- Be comfortable working in an uncertain environment where all of the details are not always available
- Be willing to coach and mentor other members of the project management team
- Be solutions-focused with an analytical ability to utilize data to make decisions
- Be able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Have a desire to get things done right
- Have the ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Possess advanced skills in Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, Zoom, Google Drive collaboration
- Have exposure to FinancialForce, Jira, Basecamp, Whiteboard & Workshopping tools (Miro, Mural etc.)
The culture and perks of being a Tallwaver:
- We embrace a maverick attitude. We’re willing to challenge convention and think beyond the ask.
- We are committed to relentless pursuit. We’re curious with a focus on personal growth.
- We value selfless teamwork, demonstrating strong leadership qualities with a knack for collaboration.
- We are thoughtfully rigorous, have a strong work ethic and have strong attention to details.
- We stop to celebrate. Through our “Cheers for Peers” happy hours, values-based awards during All Hands Meetings and on-the-fly high fives, we recognize the contributions of individuals and teams throughout Tallwave.
- We are a learning organization. From formal learning programs to our monthly catered “Lunch & Discuss” sessions, we are committed to continuous learning and growth as a team.
- We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) plans.
- We provide employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans and life insurance.
- We’re more concerned about how we work than where we work. We offer remote work and office hours flexibility as needed.
- We trust our team. Our unlimited PTO policy allows you to refresh, rejuvenate and attend to personal matters as needed.
- We are surrounded by badass talent and clients. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
Job may require sitting for long periods of time and minimal if any, lifting. Travel may be required.
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.