Senior Web Developer
Scottsdale, AZ /
Technology & Analytics /
Hello from Tallwave. We’re a customer experience design company partnering with change agents at the world’s most ambitious companies to create the experiences of the future. This includes developing new products, services, and business models that deliver amazing value and sustainable growth for their customers and employees.
Tallwave's Technology team uses our skills to bring our client's vision to life. Working closely with our Design Team we build and/or improve apps, websites and digital experiences our client's customers will love. The Technology Team is actively seeking a Senior Software Developer whose strengths lie in web-based technologies.
Note: Tallwave does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas.
In this role, you will:
- Work with a team of developers to build modern websites leveraging a CMS, preferably WordPress.
- Have experience with React.
- Work with clients to determine features and to identify user stories and tasks.
- Strive to find the best solution to a problem or concern.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with clients of ranging technical expertise. Empathy is a must.
- Work with cross functional teams and communicate effectively with designers and project managers, as well as other developers.
- Work with little, if any, technical supervision.
- Know how to lead and participate in peer code reviews.
- Understand how to leverage frameworks to drive quality and value.
- Work with git and git-based workflows.
- Be familiar with accessibility standards, or be eager to learn ADA and section 508.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to build websites with best practices and mentor less experienced developers.
- Know a back-end framework or two in node or a different language.
- Have some familiarity with DevOps, including code deployment, site security, and site optimization.
A successful Senior Developer will have:
- 5-7 years of experience with WordPress CMS, WordPress themes, and page builders.
- At least 5 years of front end web development experience and 1-2 years of React.
- 3-4 years of experience with SEO and GA tagging implementation.
- 2-3 years of experience with PHP/Python.
- A basic understanding of cloud hosting, DNS setup and maintenance.
- A basic understanding of Adobe XD, Invision, Zeplin and an eye for design.
- Bachelor degree preferred, but not required.
Nice to have:
- Umbraco / Sitecore experience
- Data Studio / Google Analytics
- Lighthouse or other site performance tools
The culture and perks of being a Tallwaver:
- We embrace a maverick attitude. We’re willing to challenge convention and think beyond the ask.
- We are committed to relentless pursuit. We’re curious with a focus on personal growth.
- We value selfless teamwork, demonstrating strong leadership qualities with a knack for collaboration.
- We are thoughtfully rigorous, have a strong work ethic and have strong attention to details.
- We stop to celebrate. Through our “Cheers for Peers” happy hours, values-based awards during All Hands Meetings and on-the-fly high fives, we recognize the contributions of individuals and teams throughout Tallwave.
- We are a learning organization. From formal learning programs to our monthly catered “Lunch & Discuss” sessions, we are committed to continuous learning and growth as a team.
- We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) plans.
- We provide employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans and life insurance.
- We’re more concerned about how we work than where we work. We offer remote work and office hours flexibility as needed.
- We trust our team. Our unlimited PTO policy allows you to refresh, rejuvenate and attend to personal matters as needed.
- We are surrounded by badass talent and clients. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
Job may require sitting for long periods of time and minimal if any, lifting.
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Tallwave does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas.